- Ensure that InputMapper / DS4Windows / SCP / DS4Tool are closed and not running at all.
- Ensure the DS4 is OFF
- Open the device manager and look for Bluetooth HID Device
- Right click the device and select Disable
- After the list refreshes and the device is disabled, re-enable it
- Launch the application and connect DS4
I have now created a small tool that should do this automatically.
This is now handled completely by HidGuardian. See: https://beta.inputmapper.com/2019/08/18/exclusive-mode-what-is-it-do-i-need-it-and-how-do-i-get-it/