$2.00
Frederick J Hogsett
$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.50
× ATTENTION: InputMapper has a new system for tracking feature requests. Please visit inputmapper.com/support and submit a ticket there.

PlayStation Move Navigation Controller

3 years 11 months ago #1 by John
Hey, I love this software, works great!

Is it possible you could develop it to work with the PlayStation Move navigation controller?

I hear it's a really good way to game, use a mouse and a navigation controller instead of mouse and keyboard.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #2 by Wobbles
Isn't the move something that needs a camera to see?

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #3 by Dylan Larkin
Normally playstation move requires a camera. BUT I don't think you'll need the camera if you use the navigation controller instead of the pointer controller.

3 years 11 months ago #4 by John

Wobbles wrote: Isn't the move something that needs a camera to see?

PlayStation move consists of the PlayStation eye ( camera), the motion controller ( with the shining rubber ball at the end) and optionally the navigation controller which I've seen on YouTube connected by USB and wirelessly on PC but doesn't require the camera.

There is other software I could use but it's said to be rammed with malware ( Motion in joy ).

If it could work with input mapper, would be a good controller to use

3 years 10 months ago #5 by John

Dylan Larkin wrote: Normally playstation move requires a camera. BUT I don't think you'll need the camera if you use the navigation controller instead of the pointer controller.

Check this out:

I hope one day Imputmapper get time to develop this, looks decent!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wobbles

3 years 10 months ago #6 by Wobbles
Hmm. Very possibly may be close to working in IM2, may only need to extend the DS3 plugin to also look for this device. When time/cashflow permit I will take a closer look at it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: blakdeth, John

3 years 6 months ago #7 by John
Thanks for following up on this, I thought I'd already replied.

I'm still a bit confused about how the nav controller gets to a state where it works with IM.

Whenever I plug it in I doesn't pop up as a controller, my ps4 boots if I press or hold the PS button. Is there any extra drivers that need to be installed?

while it's plugged in I just get the flashing light. It tried to recognise the hardware when I plugged it in but I don't think it recognises it.

Cheers

John

3 years 6 months ago #8 by Wobbles
The nav controller is getting integrated into the IM 1.6 version, be sure to follow the YouTube to see news and demos of its use. It will require a driver but the driver is still in a pretty beta state and in some PCs can cause a BSOD if plugged in for a long period of time. github.com/nefarius/FireShock/releases/tag/v1.0.1.0 if you want to try it out on your own. The release of IM that makes use of it is due in the next couple weeks.

3 years 6 months ago #9 by John
Cool, I can wait I'm not in any rush, it will be good to see it working.

I'm used to BSOD #Windows10 :)

Cheers

John

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #10 by FinnedSgang
Hi everybody, any news on the the ps Nav integration in input mapper?

i'm struggling with it trying to understand how to connect it to the pc:P :P

I downloaded the Fireshock driver, installed it, then after a lot o try, reboot and reinstallation, it works in windows connected with USB (from "Tools" menù in IM, "windows controller", is named Navigation Controller, and if i try to configure it with Properties, i can see the analog and buttons are working). It also works in bigpicture steam, but IM doesn't recognize it and none of my games works (nor steam, uplay or Origin).

The ds4 works great
the Led on the device is turned off, don't know why
I'm on windows 10
the purpose is to replace the WASD for movement and using it in couple with a mouse
Attachments: