$2.00
Gregory McCoy
$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.50
× ATTENTION: InputMapper has a new system for tracking feature requests. Please visit inputmapper.com/support and submit a ticket there.

Specified input rumble triggers

3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1 by R. U. Serious
Hello,

I don't see this as an option available currently, so I apologise if this is already implemented (if so, where?): the ability to trigger one motor, the other (or both) to a user specified extent, when applying a given input.

For example, I could set O to trigger the large motor X% while I have it held down.

In particular though, this thought was triggered by playing a flying type of game, while using motion controls to assist with some handling of the craft. I was having difficulty feeling the, for want of a better term - clutch point - when transitioning between off-level and level. Having the ability to get more feedback would be absolutely wonderful.

Allowing users to add rumble to inputs, and to set up a strength curve for rumble when tied to axis controls, would be great.

Thanks

P.S. As a suggestion, I think the offset range for Gyro Z could definitely be expanded. At -100, what IM thinks is level is really only the slightest of dips forward. A setting of 0 actually has my controller tilted back. I understand there are likely differences in calibration between individual controllers, but that in conjunction with expanding the ability to use motion controls are reasons enough to accept a very wide range for user settings. For example, my natural means of holding a controller is to have it tilted forward; so I would be far more comfortable having a much lower 0 for pitch control.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #2 by Wobbles
I intend to open the rumble motors up to macro capabilities, I also am thinking about adding a "shift" functionality to the tuning capabilities of all axes, the term offset already being reserved for the adjustment that shifts or rotates what sticks consider top dead center.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.