$2.00
Keanu Allridge
$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$10.00
Average donation
$3.26

Wireless DS3 and Nintendo Switch controller support coming to IM using the Magic-NS!

1 year 3 weeks ago #1 by Wobbles

IMG 20181028 111959 2New toy to test possible incorporation to IM just arrived, the Magic-NS! This little gadget I got off Amazon can expose your DS3 and Nintendo Switch controllers to your PC and early testing shows it does so over normal HID meaning integration into IM 1.7 is as simple as writting the plugin. This possibly also means 3rd party PS4 controllers and pro controllers will also be compatible!

Purchase one from our Amazon affiliate link here: https://amzn.to/2Awn82A

More news on this to come in Tuesdays check-in!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 3 weeks ago #2 by Chlain
Fantastic! Any chance there's a way to use this to turn off the lightbar for the controller? I'd love to be able to do that!

1 year 2 weeks ago - 1 year 2 weeks ago #3 by Wobbles

Chlain wrote: Fantastic! Any chance there's a way to use this to turn off the lightbar for the controller? I'd love to be able to do that!

All versions of IM already allow you to turn off light bar, and as I stated here, the Magic-NS will NOT allow application control of the lightbar.

10 months 3 weeks ago #4 by spiken0
What about "MayFlash Magic-S" version? It seams basically the same but instead of working with switch, ps3 and pc it works with ps4, ps3 and pc(i have ps4, ps3 and pc and don't have any plans buying switch so just in case of needing second controller for ps4 i prefer ps4 version) is it gonna work? Grey version is for switch, black version is for ps4 and since not all all of the ps3 games work with ds4 controller it seems quite handy. I am a gran tuirismo nerd and i have been thinking about playing 5 and 6 with ds4 for a long time(t is huge improvement over ds3 but none of the gran turismo games work with ds4. It would be great if black ps4 version would also work, than i would be able to stop using scp drivers and completely transition to input mapper with all the benefits(ds4 natively over bluetooth and ds3 over mayflash dongle without hijacking bluetooth for ds3 compatibility)
Probably i should make a new thread with a feature request but gonna ask anyway;)
Is there a possibility of adding "gyro compatibilty" with cemu(the wii u emulator)? There is a plugin for cemu emulator called cemuhook.
cemuhook.sshnuke.net/padudpserver.html
Here is the link for all working "hacks" of various controller wrappers and android phones. It is a bit of a pain in the ass to delete input mapper and then install scp toolkit or ds4 windows to get a working gyro in cemu, not sure if it is po possible to implemente it yourself or if that would be an option to ask the creator of cemuhook to help to implement it to input mapper. It would be great to get it working.

10 months 3 weeks ago #5 by wirenut48
I think you're misunderstanding the use of the dongle with InputMapper. IM only works on the PC and the NS dongle offers support for multiple controllers on the PC using both Xinput and Dinput which makes it the perfect choice. The Magic-S is mainly used for controller compatibility across platforms with limited features for the PC compared to the NS.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

10 months 3 weeks ago #6 by Wobbles
Also, to add to wirenut, I have not seen any gyro Accel data exposed by the magic dongle, so that won't be coming. However pressure sensitive buttons are exposed so those will be added.

10 months 3 weeks ago #7 by spiken0
So MayFlash Magic-S has less features on PC?

10 months 3 weeks ago - 10 months 3 weeks ago #8 by Wobbles
I don't have one, but at the least it doesn't sound like it has more. More than likely though they are the same exact product with split SKUs to Target different audiences to sell more units.

10 months 3 weeks ago - 10 months 3 weeks ago #9 by wirenut48

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

10 months 3 weeks ago #10 by Wobbles
It is entirely likely they have the same report structures but just different sku's and hid/vid id's, so it may be possible to just add the ID's to the plugin and it would work for both