$10.00
Average donation
$3.33

InputMapper 1.6 launched and well received

3 years 1 month ago #21 by Marcus
I can wait. :)
The topic has been locked.
3 years 1 month ago #22 by Wobbles
Working on the new "Macro Studio" that will be part of IM 1.6, developing it as a independent library so it can easily be brought into IM 2.0 as well.
Full drag and drop support, Finally a record option that will not only record keystrokes but mouse and controller movement and inputs. hopefully what you all will agree is a much cleaner UI
Attachments:
3 years 1 month ago #23 by Bruno
hello Wobbles please could convert the taskbar icon for a dark color on win 7? sorry for my English
3 years 1 month ago #24 by Poofu
Both me and my friends who updated all think that this new condensed look is rubbish compared to the old look. I get it some people like it but could you have a toggle, i like to see if i'm having latency issues.

¤¤Poofu¤¤
3 years 1 month ago #25 by Wobbles
The application will still alert you if you are having latency issues. The latency graph simply is NOT coming back, there was zero use to it or the resources it consumed.
3 years 1 month ago #26 by Poofu

Wobbles wrote: The application will still alert you if you are having latency issues. The latency graph simply is NOT coming back, there was zero use to it or the resources it consumed.

ok, but how about a separate tab where the controller info is in a larger more readable and multi controller friendly area.

¤¤Poofu¤¤
3 years 1 month ago #27 by Wobbles
My focus right now is on the macro UI. I'm not ruling anything out, but I think the UI is going to continue in the direction it is now. I got far more complaints during IM 1.5 about how the UI didn't conform to the look and feel of other windows apps than I have from people who miss the latency graph.

I simply cannot please anybody, and its absurd for any developer to try. I'm sorry you end up on the disappointed side of this see-saw as I recognize you as one of our long tem users from back when we started, but the benefits of the new look far outweigh the things that were lost.
3 years 1 month ago #28 by Peeensseli

Poofu wrote:

Wobbles wrote: The application will still alert you if you are having latency issues. The latency graph simply is NOT coming back, there was zero use to it or the resources it consumed.

ok, but how about a separate tab where the controller info is in a larger more readable and multi controller friendly area.

I kinda miss more info too.

I just updated to the newest version 1.6.9 and I got back this annoying thing when shutting down/restarting my PC. I get this message saying: "This app is preventing shutdown." and the app is InputMapper.
I once had it with earlier versions of 1.6 but it got fixed on newer versions.
It doesn't appear when I don't have InputMapper running, only when I have it running and trying to shutdown/restart.
3 years 1 month ago #29 by John
Sad to say I also had come to rely on the latency graph and even sadder to read it's not coming back.
It was useful when connecting to bluetooth to see what range and angle worked well. Easy to see at a glance if you notice a little delay, to know if it's your controller connection rather than CPU throttle or the likes. Also useful if you have USB ports that sync at different timings.
Recognized it consumed some CPU cycles, always seemed like a worthwhile trade off to me.

Regardless of the theme or visual style, I don't understand removing functionality entirely when it could just be something optional. It's not like it was broken.

I can only agree here and say I really preferred my controller info large and readable at a glance rather than tucked away, almost no reason to have the UI up at all now for me.

I don't mean to be overly negative here, I still like the program I'm just really sad to see functionality removed.
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #30 by Wobbles

John wrote: Sad to say I also had come to rely on the latency graph and even sadder to read it's not coming back.
It was useful when connecting to bluetooth to see what range and angle worked well. Easy to see at a glance if you notice a little delay, to know if it's your controller connection rather than CPU throttle or the likes. Also useful if you have USB ports that sync at different timings.
Recognized it consumed some CPU cycles, always seemed like a worthwhile trade off to me.

Regardless of the theme or visual style, I don't understand removing functionality entirely when it could just be something optional. It's not like it was broken.

I can only agree here and say I really preferred my controller info large and readable at a glance rather than tucked away, almost no reason to have the UI up at all now for me.

I don't mean to be overly negative here, I still like the program I'm just really sad to see functionality removed.

Again.... It was not real latency, it had no bearing on anything, and you can still see the signal strength. I regret ever implementing it because people have completely abused and misunderstood it. For all you guys know it could have just been attached to a number randomizer and you guys would still be upset that I got rid of it. Why is it nobody believe the guy that wrote the thing when he says it was pointless from the get go and did not do what people thought it did...