$5.00
charles fox
$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$10.00
Average donation
$4.75

Where does Windows store bluetooth pairing data?

3 years 1 month ago #1 by pakasa
I started using 2 drives on the same pc with 2 different installed windows versions ( one stable retail build, one insider build). Even every hardware is same pairing DS4 isn't same for each windows. After I use IM perfectly and boot to other windows I press PS button it blinks for 1-2 sec only and stops. InputMapper doesn't detect DS4 until I pair it again for that other windows.

So how can I migrate pairing data/adress from one windows to another?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #2 by wirenut48
No way around that as the DS4 can only be paired to one device at a time. Different operating system is the same as another PC.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #3 by pakasa
I found the solution:

- The unique passkeys of BT devices are store on registry entries.
- The location is : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BTHPORT\Parameters\Keys\
- Normally we cannot access or see that entry so there you must alter registry.
- There is a tool for that alteration: psexec64 . technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897553.aspx
- After using it on cmd with these commands: "psexec64 -s -i regedit" I was able to view those registry branches and alter the entries.
- I exported the entries and copied the values and entered one by one to other windows (direct double clicking on *.reg files doesn't allow, just edit after psexec).
- Success!