I started using 2 drives on the same pc with 2 different installed windows versions ( one stable retail build, one insider build). Even every hardware is same pairing DS4 isn't same for each windows. After I use IM perfectly and boot to other windows I press PS button it blinks for 1-2 sec only and stops. InputMapper doesn't detect DS4 until I pair it again for that other windows.
So how can I migrate pairing data/adress from one windows to another?
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago#3by pakasa
I found the solution:
- The unique passkeys of BT devices are store on registry entries.
- The location is : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BTHPORT\Parameters\Keys\
- Normally we cannot access or see that entry so there you must alter registry.
- There is a tool for that alteration: psexec64 .
- After using it on cmd with these commands: "psexec64 -s -i regedit" I was able to view those registry branches and alter the entries.
- I exported the entries and copied the values and entered one by one to other windows (direct double clicking on *.reg files doesn't allow, just edit after psexec).