$2.00
André Philipi da Silva
$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$19.97

Check In: May 30 2017 (Game API and cloud features incoming! Output plugins work underway)

2 years 4 months ago #1 by Wobbles
Initial testing has begun on...

Initial testing has begun on a feature I have wanted for a long time, that is cloud functionality in IM tied together by a solid game DB API. GiantBomb's API gives us functionality we need to make this possible.

Also work is taking place on the output device plugins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 4 months ago #2 by Zwip-Zwap Zapony
Will it be possible to disable the game check stuff by the user, to minimize data retrieved from GiantBomb or InputMapper's website and also have maybe 1 or 2% better performance or so? I don't think I'm going to be using any mapping profiles besides the standard default DualShock-to-XBox Controller set-up and possibly some things I may map out on my own for specific purposes, so checking what games I'm running and not running and such won't be of much use to me.

2 years 4 months ago #3 by Wobbles
There will be an opt out for API (mainly for people on SERIOUSLY metered connections) but not for opting out of the application detection as a whole, but the performance impact is pretty nonexistent, especially now that I have written in local caching.