Number of donations
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$19.97

Found a correct way to fix Exclusive Mode on Windows 10 Fall Creators for DS4

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #21 by Paul Middleton
THANKYOU VERY MUCH

This works. At first i thought the ids was the same but they wasnt. the last digits looked the same and first set. but middle set was different. anyway after adding the ids. i was able to use my controller again (ps4 pro controller) i always use to use ds4 but have had issues installing driver for a while. i didn't know it was due to the new update from Microsoft they have made a mess. the ps4 controller is not the only thing failing for me i have issues with my wireless mouse also. i had to use the basic drivers that install with windows to fix my mouse. i would contact Microsoft but i find they never listen to you. so i just thankful you fixed my ps4 controller now i can enjoy my games again thanks very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago #22 by Ronny Bryant
If anyone has problems with the new update of Windows 10 v1803 build17134.48, just have to uninstall the Inputmapper and Hidguardian, restart, then install everything again, with their respective reboots, do everything again and will work again

1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #23 by wirenut48
HIDGuardian is the only thing you need to reinstall, update doesn't effect Inputmapper.
Instruction are pinned in the support section of the forum.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ronny Bryant

1 year 5 months ago #24 by Ronny Bryant
Seriously? Just that? And didn't need to do it all over again? haha I guess I lost more time than necessary!

1 year 2 months ago #25 by N1ki
No matter what I do DS4 woun't recoginze my ps4 version 2 controller...

i gathered any fu***** ID and tested them in the regedit. installed HIDguardian and so on. it just dont work for me

1 year 1 month ago #26 by Flybel
I have discovered an issue that involves this method, I do not know if it is exclusive to this method, but when I connect my controller wirelessly with InputMapper, then disconnect the bluetooth device (be it by clicking the bluetooth icon in IM or closing IM itself) and connect the controller via USB again, the bluetooth controller still seems to be in windows (I suppose the emulated XInput device) because when I then start RocketLeague which lets the first player play with both the first controller and keyboard, it won't recognize controller input but it does offer me to make the controller be a splitscreen user, so there must be another controller in the system which physically is not the case. This nonexisting device is however not in the device manager or Windows Gamecontrollers list, which means I have to restart the system to fix it, and that sucks.

Also, compared to the previous method, with this method it is no longer possible to use the DS4 with USB without IM as a DirectInput device, this worked before (USB only).

1 year 1 month ago #27 by wirenut48
Not really anything that can be done about that with IM. Windows treats the BT and USB as different devices. HidGuardian hides the DS4 to get exclusive mode, so the controller is not visible as a DS4 with USB. The problem lies with games like Rocket league that use improper input from multiple devices.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 1 month ago #28 by Wobbles
Benjamin is working on finishing up and getting signed the v4 of HidGuardian which will streamline this stuff alot more especially once I configure IM 1.7 to use the API he is also creating for it. No more services or registry.