$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$10.00
Average donation
$3.26

Data rate/Signal inquir, Official sony vs 2.0EDR

2 years 1 week ago #1 by Thelgow
I just started using my Dualshock 4 on PC yesterday, with an official Sony adapter.
I initially tried last year and latency was god awful so never got around to it.

So from what I can gather is if I use the official Sony dongle it stays at 124 or 125Hz.
I did have some latency warnings yesterday before I figured out exclusive mode issues.
This adapter gives no information about signal.

Then I tried an old logitech 2.0EDR adapter.
This one is odd in that the data rate is fluctuating quite a bit. As low as 110, which was once up to 318. It jumps from signal 2/5 to 4/5 being 2 feet from the dongle. The controller icon in inputmapper bounces from black, yellow, red, etc. So I dont know what that means, sounds bad to me.

Then wired it just sits at 250Hz.

Is the logitechs higher data rate better, but erratic? Is the Sony better?
I played Nioh for a few hours yesterday and quite a few times a dash didnt come out so I'm not sure if thats the game itself or the controller.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 1 week ago #2 by wirenut48
2.0 EDR does not meet min requirements of 2.1. Check out FAQ in the support section for wireless requirements.
Also the controller color indicates connection issues.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.