Number of donations
Highest donation
$10.00
Average donation
$4.75

TUNING TUTORIAL REQUIRED.

1 year 7 months ago #1 by The619
HI,
Please help me to tune the both axis finely for racing games especially for NFS Mostwanted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 7 months ago #2 by Wobbles
What are you hoping to accomplishing, tuning is pretty subjective and there is no one tune suita all. Personally I just add a dab of curve and leave the rest alone.

1 year 7 months ago #3 by wirenut48
Josh at one time you gave me the settings for using the gyros for steering. -95 offset and 20% sensitivity, but don't remember what to assign to the gyro Axis. Don't have a racing game installed at the moment to test, but would like to setup a profile for it.

X axis mix to gyro X? That's probably not right but something along those lines is what I'm looking for.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 7 months ago #4 by The619
Thanks for your reply.

how to fetch these values from XML file to my profile?..! Will I have to manually enter or any other method? I am using input mapper 1.6.10

1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #5 by wirenut48
You enter those values to the gyros in the Axis tab. Until we hear further you will just need to experiment on how to map the gyros. I lost my steering profile (need flag for conformation to delete, hint) and don't remember how I had it setup, but still had the values saved in my default profile. It may of been the Z axis for controller rotation, but I see there are different variations to choose from and don't know what they mean.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #6 by The619
Thanks for the reply......
HI Admin,
Pls give me some suggestions for right and left axis to work fine for NFS Most Wanted 2005, Which should be fine for improved curve response, less deadzone, Maximum curving(for steering) etc for Dual shock 4...Pls help..i tried lot and not satisfied. Eager to hear from ur expert knowledges :) Thank you.

1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #7 by wirenut48
I would think that .5 curve and sensitivity would be about right.

Though .5 sensitivity will only give you 50% of the max output value, but will minimize the steepness of the curve at the high end. So if you do need more than 50% of the stick output you will have to raise it accordingly. For example you're not able to turn sharp enough, but that shouldn't really be an issue at high speeds.

The other thing you could do is create macros with various sensitivity settings to switch on the fly. One for high speed steering and one for slow speed cornering.

If you want upload your profile and I will see what I can do to setup a macro if you're not sure how.

The following user(s) said Thank You: The619

1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #8 by The619
Am not sure about editing macros... how to add macros.? Am just studying about these things now And
what u meant 0.5!....Is that u meant 50%?..profile attached.

Admin,
it will be better option that adding presaved profiles at IM and I am sure about you are working behind it..::) :) :)
Attachments:

1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #9 by wirenut48
I believe profile sharing is in the plans for the 1.7 update. But I would need the actual .xml file to edit and see how you have things mapped to do a macro. But you may not even need one if the set values work fine in all situations. Try setting the steering stick to .5 (50%) on both the curve and sensitivity. That should give you plenty of control. Only problem would be as I mentioned above is your not able to make a sharp 90 degree turn. Then you would have to up the sensitivity enough to do so. And then maybe increase the curve some more (even up to 80-90%) to make up the difference. You just don't want to go to high with curve with a low sensitivity it may not give you enough steering response. A high curve alone may work, then you wouldn't even have to worry about the sensitivity setting. You need to go pretty high with the curve, more than you have, to feel any dampening in the steering sensitivity.

The following user(s) said Thank You: The619