$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$10.00
Average donation
$3.33

Disabling hid guardian for other programs

1 year 2 months ago #1 by Krakenos
Hey, so I use HIDguardian with input mapper and it works great, but, is there a way to make hid guardian whitelist other programs than just inputmapper? For example I would like to make my actual physical input to be visible for streaming purposes (with for example this site gamepadviewer.com/ ), but obviously hidguardian prevents ds4 from showing up there, only emulated x360 controller shows up, which input doesn't necessarily represent what I am pressing on my actual controller. If it's possible to achieve it, I would be really thankful for help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #2 by wirenut48
A new version of IM and HIDGuardian is not far from completion which hopefully will help with these issues. The newer versions of HIDGuardian will have a user interface from what I've read. I think the current v3 of HG has this capability but I have no clue on how to manually install it. Untill then the only way I know of to get back native use of the DS4 is to uninstall HG and reboot system.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 2 months ago #3 by Krakenos
Currently I am using a simple script to get rid of hardware id's from affected devices in the registry, it works okayish, was just wondering if there is a better way to do it. I guess I need to look into for the next version of HG :P

1 year 2 months ago #4 by wirenut48

Krakenos wrote: Currently I am using a simple script to get rid of hardware id's from affected devices in the registry, it works okayish, was just wondering if there is a better way to do it. I guess I need to look into for the next version of HG :P

Interesting, I wouldn't have thought something like that would work. I thought I tied removing those entries once to get native support for the DS4. Could of been the game that didn't recognize the DS4 connected USB, though it is said to support it. All this is new in development yet thanks to Microsoft forcing new workarounds.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10