$2.00
Nick
$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$25.41

Looking for an alternative solution to my controller problem.

1 year 6 days ago #1 by WiheFuv
I have an issue with my year old controller now in that it's micro USB port isn't proper somehow. Like, it's loosely connected to the board or something I have no idea. It often disconnects and reconnects when the port/cable is wiggled a specific way. I've tested a few cables so I'm quite certain it's just the port.

Anyway, that is something I can live with. The problem I'm struggling with is what happens after. Normally the thing should be on "XBOX_360_DEVICE_00:00" but after reconnecting it switches to "XBOX_360_DEVICE_01:01". It permanently gets identified as a second controller and will no longer function in the games I play until I restart my computer. I've tried restarting inputmapper, reconnecting the controller again, and uninstalling "XBOX_360_DEVICE_01:01". It will still go to 01:01 no matter what.

It's just really annoying to have to restart my computer when it happens so I was wondering if anyone here would know if there's a way to force it on 00:00 or something. At the moment, I kind of don't want to buy a another controller on the off chance this may happen again, but if anything I may buy a cheap bluetooth USB and maybe a charging dock via ext.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 6 days ago - 1 year 6 days ago #2 by Wobbles
Unfortunately what you described is a common problem for micro USB, it's a rubbish connection. Quit IM, then use device manager to uninstall all 360 controller instances, then start again. Consider getting a drop in charger that removes need to plug/unplug to prolong USB jack life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WiheFuv

1 year 4 days ago #3 by WiheFuv
Ah, I did the IM restart and driver uninstall separately. That might've been why it didn't work before. So, IM has to be closed otherwise it'll just create and default to the second instance again, I think.

Is it possible to program these steps into a single click? Like a batch file or something?

1 year 4 days ago #4 by Wobbles
im sure you could create something, but it'd be a lot of effort to just delete a couple phantom controllers, better to fix the root cause and try to eliminate broken connections causing the device to constantly disconnect and reconnect