$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.00

Macro Functionality (Lights and Loops)

3 years 11 months ago #1 by Harrison Eads
Hey all, I was messing around with macros, basically trying to get a game to navigate menus and play a portion of the game on its own, but I seem to be stuck on the part after game play ends when the macro tries to navigate menus. To attempt to do some of my own troubleshooting, I decided to try and have the light bar change colors based on what part of the game the macro is attempting to navigate in the hopes that the issue was timing. The problem I've run into is that the macro is not changing the color of my light bar, so I have no idea if the macro even works after the gameplay portion of the macro. Here's a screenshot to try and show what's going on:

Just letting you know, the entire time I've been testing this, I've had my controller plugged in, I just didn't want to deal with adding 3 seperate light bar changers to each bit of the macro.

On another note, is there a way to have a macro constantly loop, or is that automatically a thing? As soon as this light bar thing is figured out, knowing how to loop it will be the next step toward making this thing work 100% the way I need it to.

Thanks all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #2 by Wobbles
May need to set the light-bar mode to solid color? Also the macro will automatically loop so long as the trigger conditions are true.

3 years 11 months ago #3 by Harrison Eads
Wait, so do you have to hold down the button for it to go through the whole macro even once?

3 years 11 months ago #4 by Wobbles
No, but for it to repeat you do, macro conditions are evaluated a the begin of each cycle. You can however make a button a toggle if you want it to go unattended.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Harrison Eads

3 years 11 months ago #5 by Harrison Eads
Alright, so I added the lightbar mode changes to each section and made them all unique and that didn't work. then I made a macro that SHOULD make the light bar go white and strobe, and when released, goes back to normal. That doesn't work either. I did however get profiles to change back and fourth, so theres that I guess. But the issue is now that light bar changes straight up don't work on either of my ps4 controllers when plugged in.

HOWEVER, after pairing one of my controllers via my laptop's integrated bluetooth, I'm able to finally see the colors of my light bar change. I think I need to now find a better slot on my computer to plug my controller in (I was using the ps4 cord on an old usb 2.0 hub) or find myself one of many missing outlet chargers and use that.

Thank you for your help though! I enjoy the quick feedback you guys have going on here, especially with super technical stuff like macros and such.