I haven't been able to get it into exclusive mode since a few days ago. I've tried closing steam and other things. I finally got "6 axis 14 button device with hat switch" to show up with 1.5ms latency, but it's not working as a 360 controller yet. I'll let you know if I figure it out
Wow.. So, I did this (or a combination of these to get it working again):
1) close everything
2) especially close Steam and other apps that can "take control" of any controller
3) Turn controller off. (if Bluetooth, make sure it's paired, but off)
4) on this inputmapper site, click Downloads (at the top) then Tools.
5) download: "Dualshock Exclusive Mode Tool 1.4)
6) Run the tool following all the instructions (like closing apps)
7) Start input mapper
Turn on controller
If all that doesn't work, I tried deleting input mapper and removing / repairing all bluetooth devices as well as different versions of inputmapper. Then I just repeated the steps above and eventually it worked. Hope that helps someone!
Now I have "Controller 1 is using Profile "x" in exclusive mode. AND I'm at 1.7ms