Rain
$2.00
Fahad
$2.00
Carlo
$5.00
m3rlinsbart
$2.00
Thank you - works great with Pokemon Desmume Emulator!
Katie
$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$50.00
Average donation
$6.53

How can I make a default profile for new controllers?

11 months 3 weeks ago #1 by TonyMcD
Hi, I'm setting up a laptop for a friend. He's got a PlayStation 4 and I wanted to set his computer up so he can use the controller with it. The problem I am facing is that he only has the one controller. So he will have to re-pair the controller to the PC fairly often. But when a controller is paired, it doesn't use the profile I've set up.

So is there like a way to set a profile as default? The reason I need the profile is for macros. If there is a way to set up macros to the current default profile, that would work as well. P.S. he isn't very tech-savy and I want him to have to do as little as possible. He will have to pair the controller, that's as far as I want him to go. Input Mapper is already set to open with windows as administrator without the UAC prompt. I don't want him to have to open Input Mapper or even be aware of its existence at all.

This next part is probably asking too much, and it really isn't necessary, but if this is possible it would be nice. Is it possible to assign profiles based on the number of controllers present? For example, when you connect a controller (any controller) it automatically uses profile one. When another controller is connected (while the first one is), it will use profile 2. The reasoning for this is to set custom lights for player one and two.

If the controllers were never unpaired from the computer, this wouldn't be any problem at all because it seems to save the settings when a controller just disconnects. Unfortunately, he will routinely be pairing the controllers between the PC and his PlayStation. And whenever a controller is unpaired and then repaired, it loses the profile preference setting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 months 2 weeks ago #2 by wirenut48
1.7 saves controller settings and it's almost ready for a Beta release with self installer. So that will probably be your best option.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

11 months 2 weeks ago #3 by TonyMcD
Any idea how long until 1.7 beta? Are we talking like a week or two, or a month or two?

11 months 2 weeks ago #4 by wirenut48

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10