Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$2.75

Can pair but can't use bluetooth, windows 10

3 years 3 months ago #1 by Gabriel Vieira Lana
Hello,

I'm having trouble making my DS4 work with inputmapper. I'm using the last stable build of windows and am trying with two different Bluetooth 4.0 dongles (one is the Plugable model found at FAQ), both with the same results.

First a funny fact: when I plugged the Plugable dongle it didn't use Broadcom drivers. Maybe it is because I have pluged an Bluetooth 2.0 dongle before that.

Going on, I've installed and am using the drivers from www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth now.

So I can use my 2 controllers with a micro USB cable, with a few random disconnects I blame on poor USB hub (waiting for upgrade to check). The disconnects are very few when playing with only one controller.

When I try to use the controllers on bluetooth I manage to pair it with Windows but it disconnects after a few seconds. One log of this happening is attached.

Detailad explanation: After pairing the controller shows at InputMapper* It gives 6 errors (one 995 plus five 1167) then disconnects (only in InputMapper, it remains paired with Windows). After this, when I look at both Bluetooth and InputMapper log screen and press any key in the controller, the controller changes from Paired to Connected at Windows screen and InputMapper's log shows more 6 errors.

* It shows with 10% battery, but in the first seconds connect through cable through bad usb hub it shows 0%.

Can someone please help me? I'm willing to reinstall drivers and all, but need to know where to start.

Sorry for the long post, 5 for the devs!

File Attachment:

File Name: inputmapper.log
File Size:16 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #2 by Wobbles
You mentioned you had a BT 2 dongle prior, you need to make sure to completely remove it both hardware and software/diver wise. Windows only allows 1 BT dongle at a time so you could have a conflict going on
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gabriel Vieira Lana

3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #3 by Gabriel Vieira Lana
Could you suggest a way to remove old bluetooth drivers? I've installed Broadcom ones after and not plugged the BT 2.0 dongle since. The old bluetooth worked plug and play from a fresh windows install.

Gonna reinstall my usb drivers also. Also remembered that InputMapper only recognized my controllers (through usb cable) after I reinstalled it with the controllers plugged. I tried a few softwares before InputMapper and some of them might have left a trace, I'm thinking specially about the DS4 to XInput Wrapper...

Regards

3 years 3 months ago #4 by Wobbles
Best bet is to go in the dev manager and remove every trace of anything BT related remembering to tick the option to uninstall softwware/drivers aswell. Then plug your new dongle in and then install the broadcom software.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gabriel Vieira Lana

3 years 3 months ago #5 by Gabriel Vieira Lana

Wobbles wrote: Best bet is to go in the dev manager and remove every trace of anything BT related remembering to tick the option to uninstall softwware/drivers aswell. Then plug your new dongle in and then install the broadcom software.

Went to control panel and uninstalled Broadcom item, after unplugging bluetooth dongle no Bluetooth like item remain at device manager, print attached. The 2 items under "Software devices" I tried to uninstall, with dongle disconnected, just to see them reapearing after a few seconds.

After plugging back bluetooth still no go, device manager changes on second print (smaller image).

Anything else I could try?

Btw, I reinstalled all my motherboard drivers and even system tools like AISuite yesterday.

Regards
Attachments:

3 years 3 months ago #6 by Wobbles
If they are re-appearing on their own perhaps you have BT software installed on your PC that needs to be removed.