Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.25

Problem with DS4 controller battery

3 years 6 months ago #1 by Patrick Fehr
Hi good day,

Im not sure if the issue is with the software or with the controller itself, but the battery indicator on IM shows its fully charged when i connect the controller via usb to my laptop or to a charger. The issue comes when i disconnect it from usb it says the battery is on 30% or lower and it drains pretty fast. I have replaced the battery with a brand new one. i have also had some errors pop up: ierror D0:27:88:3a:23:9e read failure 995.

unfortunately i do not have a ps4 to check if the controller is the one with the error or if it is the program at the moment; but i will be able to check i on a ps4t by the end of this month.

when i use the controller plugged into the laptop or to a wall charger it works fine, but the moment i try to use it wirelessly there seems to be an issue.

I have also had some occasions where the latency goes insanely high for some reason even when i am infront of my laptop with the controller (i do see the signal bar fluctuate at times as well

I am using windows 10. have wifi disabled, and im using IM 1.5

If anyone can help me figure out what the issue could be i would greatly appreciate it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #2 by Wobbles
The battery is likely due to not conditioning it properly on its initial uses, without doing proper conditioning the batteries dont last long. The BT issues could be the cause of improper drivers, give the broadcom ones a shot.

3 years 6 months ago #3 by Patrick Fehr

Wobbles wrote: The battery is likely due to not conditioning it properly on its initial uses, without doing proper conditioning the batteries dont last long. The BT issues could be the cause of improper drivers, give the broadcom ones a shot.

I bought a brand new battery and let it charge for 6 hours before using the controller. or did i do something wrong by doing so?

3 years 6 months ago #4 by Wobbles
conditioning means you have to charge to 100% without overcharging then discharge to about 20% without over using it for about half a dozen cycles.