$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$10.00
Average donation
$3.45

Exclusive Mode not Working

3 years 3 months ago #11 by Wobbles

Dsyndrome wrote: Has anyone been able to use this method to get the controller working while wired? After tinkering for a bit and following the method, I can now connect in Exclusive Mode via Bluetooth, but every time I try to connect via USB, Exclusive Mode connection fails, and Shared Mode occurs.

inputmapper.com/20-windows-10-1607-au-exclusive-mode-fix

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #12 by Chris

Dsyndrome wrote: Has anyone been able to use this method to get the controller working while wired? After tinkering for a bit and following the method, I can now connect in Exclusive Mode via Bluetooth, but every time I try to connect via USB, Exclusive Mode connection fails, and Shared Mode occurs.

I also do not use Bluetooth. When I did it, I left my controller plugged in and disabled HID-compliant game controller under Device Manager and re-enabled to get it working properly. When I am not plugged in HID-compliant game controller is not listed.

3 years 3 months ago #13 by Dsyndrome
Roger, thanks all. Hopefully it doesn't take months for the issue to be fixed this time on Microsoft's end.

3 years 3 months ago #14 by Wobbles

Dsyndrome wrote: Roger, thanks all. Hopefully it doesn't take months for the issue to be fixed this time on Microsoft's end.

Are we thinking of the same Microsoft? lol

3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #15 by sonicnerd14

Dsyndrome wrote: Roger, thanks all. Hopefully it doesn't take months for the issue to be fixed this time on Microsoft's end.

Lol, that's exactly how long its going to take too. I can't believe MS's software developers are this oblivious to an issue they've obviously have had before. Because of that it shouldn't even be broken again in the first place.

3 years 3 months ago #16 by Moskeeto
Ok, so the exclusive mode fix tool works great. However, is there a way to automate it every time my PC launches? That would be perfect so I don't have to manually set it up every time. Just have it open and press "any key" on launch because I have Inputmapper automatically start up on launch too and then I can seamlessly use my controllers and go into Steam Big Picture mode without having to touch my keyboard.

3 years 2 months ago #17 by pralima87

Moskeeto wrote: Ok, so the exclusive mode fix tool works great. However, is there a way to automate it every time my PC launches? That would be perfect so I don't have to manually set it up every time. Just have it open and press "any key" on launch because I have Inputmapper automatically start up on launch too and then I can seamlessly use my controllers and go into Steam Big Picture mode without having to touch my keyboard.

The description of the tool says:
"Command line switches for automatic "/a" and silent "/s" are now available. Elevation is still required even if using these unless you have UAC disabled."

Not sure how to use those....

3 years 2 months ago #18 by Wobbles

Moskeeto wrote: Ok, so the exclusive mode fix tool works great. However, is there a way to automate it every time my PC launches? That would be perfect so I don't have to manually set it up every time. Just have it open and press "any key" on launch because I have Inputmapper automatically start up on launch too and then I can seamlessly use my controllers and go into Steam Big Picture mode without having to touch my keyboard.

Adding a app to start with windows is easy: tunecomp.net/add-app-to-startup/

To do it without the UAC prompts requires to use a task: www.digitalcitizen.life/use-task-schedul...-without-uac-prompts

3 years 2 months ago #19 by Wobbles

pralima87 wrote:

The description of the tool says:
"Command line switches for automatic "/a" and silent "/s" are now available. Elevation is still required even if using these unless you have UAC disabled."

Not sure how to use those....

Command line switches are used when creating a shortcut or batch file. They are added after the command to add options or change functionality.

3 years 2 weeks ago #20 by Popunkid
Hi everyone - Since trying out the Steam DS4 support BETA, my exclusive mode will not work (even if I've exited Steam entirely).

Anyone have an idea how I can fix this? I've tried 'Forgetting' the device, and cannot find a way to remove the DS4 from Steam's list of controllers.