$10.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$21.92

Exclusive Mode not Working

2 years 11 months ago #21 by Wobbles
Probibly have to remove steam from windows startup as its probibly trying to hook it at boot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Popunkid

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #22 by Popunkid

Wobbles wrote: Probibly have to remove steam from windows startup as its probibly trying to hook it at boot

I will give that a shot, thank you. Boy, I wish I'd never even tried that out. And InputMapper works so well. I hope there's a fix that will be coming up *crosses fingers* Exclusive mode fix app didn't seem to work either :(

2 years 8 months ago #23 by mohamedmostafa53
So I am on inputmapper 1.6.10
When windows first start (input mapper on startup steam not) my controller runs in exclusive mode the first time no problem. But when I disconnect it and reconnect it it doesn't run in exclusive mode and I have to close steam and connect the controller then reopen steam every time.

2 years 8 months ago #24 by canyou122
guys I have another problem
my computer doesn't have wifi so I use an USB wifi thingy
and my keyboard and my mouse are both wireless and they it only requires one USB to get them connected to my pc
I have tried to install DS4WINDOWS before and I don't know how to uninstall it.
and I get this message: "WARNİNG: We are still unable to open the device exclusively even after running the exclusive mode tool for Win 10 AU. The issue likely resides in another application open that is trying to access the controller."
I personally think this happens because I didn't uninstall ds4windows, but as I said I don't know how to uninstall it. Please help.

2 years 2 months ago #25 by DangoMochi
For those who still can't enable the exclusive mode: right click on the speaker icon at bottom right, select playback devices, disable the Controller Headset. Restart Inputmapper. Bingo.

I disabled hundreds of processes in my task manager, uninstalled thousands of applications and drivers and finally noticed maybe it was because I was using the phone jack on the DS4, which kept the controller in use and can't switch to the exclusive mode.
The following user(s) said Thank You: relsig