Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.25

I'm unable to charge my DS4s

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #1 by xelibri
Hello,

Few months ago when I used my DS4 charging was working just fine. Now after a while I bought another DS4 (brand new) and currently I'm unable to charge them no matter what I try. Both controllers are showing 10% even if they are plugged into my PC via USB for hours.

I've tried different USB ports (2.0 and 3.0), one controller at a time, re-installing InputMapper 1.5 etc and nothing seems to work. When I plugin the controllers without running InputMapper I'm getting this message (I wasn't getting before):

After starting InputMapper I can see 2 XBOX 360 devices so it should be OK as well:

Pairing should be OK:

I'm using Win10 with Anniversary Update so I'm not sure if it is caused by that?

Any suggestions what could solve my issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #2 by Wobbles
Likely caused by not enough power to your USB bus that you are using, the DS4 does require 200ma I believe.
-or-
A bad USB cable that is not capable of the current required to charge a DS4.

3 years 6 months ago #3 by xelibri
The cable is exactly the same I used few months ago. I bought it from local shop and it is advertised especially for DS4s. (Shouldnt be the cheapest chinese USB cable neither.) USB ports are the same as I didn't made any changes in to my PC. (Asus Ranger VII as a MB)

Though current can be the reason definitely.

I will try with this one: www.anker.com/products/A2124112

3 years 6 months ago #4 by Wobbles
Try swapping chipset/USB drivers and make sure that the ports are not using powersaving mode.