$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.50

Guide button not mapping

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #1 by thesystemwillfail
Hello, first off, thank you for the awesome program =) I have been using Input Mapper for quite a while now, and it has been practically flawless (excluding when Windows breaks it). I do have one problem that I hope someone can help me solve however: the "guide" button (the button between the 2 analog sticks, with the PS logo on it), will not correctly map as the "guide" button on an Xbox controller. When testing the X-input wrapping, all other buttons light up (meaning they are accounted for) but the "guide" key never will, nor will it work in games like GTA V, where you can access r*'s in-game overlay by pressing the guide button. Interestingly enough, however, if I assign the "guide" button a new mapping, i.e. assigning it to say the letter F on my keyboard, it will work as letter F. I tested this using notepad. It does not matter if the DS4 is connected exclusively, or in shared mode. So my question is; how can I get the "guide" button to work as it should?

**Edit**
I should mention I am using Windows 10 x64 operating system, and use a USB cable to connect my DS4, not bluetooth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #2 by Wobbles
I seen this too, MS has changed something in the drivers that is preventing this all of a sudden. What you can do is map it to something else then change rockstars shortcut to match. Works for Steam overlay.

3 years 7 months ago #3 by Renights
I was playing Life is Strange on Big Picture, wanting to use my ingenious guide+RT shortcut mapped to share, so I can take screenshots by simply pressing the share button, and I noticed as well that something was wrong...

I manually rolled back to the 2009 version of 360 controller drivers (in control panel, device manager, etc.) and bang, everything was clean again.

God, I love InputMapper. Now, back to Fire Emblem PoR and my swipe shortcuts for selecting, saving and loading save states :p

3 years 4 months ago #4 by Marco
It worked for me until one week ago, now the guide button doesn't work anymore in games and cinput test. How to distingish the old driver?