$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$19.97

Does InputMapper support DualShock 3?

3 years 1 month ago #1 by Hrvoje
So here is the thing guys, i am probably buying a white DS4 tomorrow with a BT 4.0 dongle along with it, but i already have a DualShock 3 with SCPToolkit. I don't want both programs. I know for wireless DS3 needs to have a separate BT just for it, i have one cheap 2.0 EDR that i got for 1$, no input latency or anything. The controller is A2, newest one.

So my question is, can i uninstall everything SCPToolkit related, and get both controllers working with InputMapper, wireless obviously, with 2 separate BT dongles. And can one be mapped for Player 1, and the other for Player 2 or it depends on which controller i switch on first?
And if i buy the controller, i will obviously donate a couple of bucks because i hate ads and can't stand them.

I am asking this because i have everything installed and Inputmapper does not recognize my controller in the list. Nor my BT dongle (obviously, since it is flashed for DS3)

There's nobody here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #2 by Hrvoje
Guys, i really need to know because i am going to the Sony Center in a few hours. Does it support or does it not.
Or can they co-exist.
Also, another question about exclusive mode on Windows 10, latest version. Can i just auto-run the script from the startup folder or do i need to do it manually, because i won't settle for manual clicking. Sorry for the bump and thanks.

There's nobody here.

3 years 1 month ago #3 by Wobbles
Even I have to sleep lol. IM 2.0 supports DS3 via USB, but it is still highly beta and early. As for Win 10 AU, the script can be run at startup as a task to get automatic elevation to avoid the UAC popup, but unless its within a few minutes of using the DS4 you run the risk of it loosing its effect. Im not sure if its true or not, but I assume that Windows may try to re-hook the device at some point again.

Also, any reason you want the DS3 over the DS4?

3 years 1 month ago #4 by Hrvoje
Because i have one already and i want to get the White DualShock 4 for local co-op and as my primary gaming device. I want both of them to run at the same time, either by one program or SCPToolkit (DS3) + InputMapper (DS4) without any conflicts. I know that SCPToolkit supports DS4 too, but not remapping or using any of the touch functions/light bar settings. Usually i wouldn't need those, but it would be nice to have a dedicated Steam screenshot button/Custom Colors and i just love how your program looks, clean interface and everything.

I guess i could set the script to run 5 minutes after my PC starts, then it should't be a problem, no? Because Inputmapper will already be in charge.

So the plan is to have both devices wireless, via Bluetooth (Two separate dongles) with SCPToolkit for DS3 and InputMapper for DS4, would that cause any problems?

Also, are there any plans to have native wireless support for DualShock 3 via a dedicated BT? What about the Win 10 AU, will that be fixed in 2.0 or in the near future? I do plan to support the program as much as i can, you can't expect much from me, but a few dollars now and then is the least i can do.

Thanks for the answer, very much appreciated.

There's nobody here.

3 years 1 month ago #5 by Wobbles
I see, trying to use existing hardware to add more players. So there have been talk from people that have gotten SC's DS3 tool and IM to both work, the biggest thing is to make sure only one program installs the SC Virtual Bus drivers as both (or pretty much all) DS3/4 tools use the same virtual bus drivers so its important to make sure there are not multiple overlapping copies installed. Once you have that then it "should" in theory work.

DS3 wireless support will happen eventually in IM2, ive been holding out to see if Benjamans FireShock drivers help in this regard.

The Windows 10 AU bug is on Microsoft's end, until they fix it all we can provide are workarounds.

3 years 1 month ago #6 by Wobbles
I am strongly considering adding at least USB support for DS3 into the upcoming InputMapper Lite.

3 years 1 month ago #7 by Hrvoje
Thank you very much for the response. I am going to the store just about now to get the DS4. I will see how it end ups, but it should probably work if i do everything clean. Again, thanks for the response. The program itself is pretty much amazing, tried it on my friends PC.

There's nobody here.

3 years 1 month ago #8 by Wobbles
1.5 is getting some nice updates aswell to polish it off a bit inputmapper.com/23-im-1-5-to-receive-fir...-in-a-very-long-time

3 years 1 month ago #9 by Hrvoje
Just got home with it. Let's hope it all works out : ]

There's nobody here.

3 years 1 month ago #10 by Hrvoje
Sadly it didn't work. I managed to get both of them to work via a single BT dongle (the new one) with SCPToolkit, but it is impossible for me to use both SCP and InputMapper at the same time, one separate for DS3 and one separate for DS4.

SCP flashes the BT devices for controllers only usage, and as far as i am aware of, you can't have multiple BT dongles on W10. For Inputmapper you need a standard BT 4.0 EDR device, right? But it should remain unflashed for Inputmapper. So that means i can't use a wireless DS3 because it needs one flashed BT stack.

The first time i started the wired DS4, it worked, but the BT wouldn't connect via Input Mapper, said it wasn't compatible, (but it is, as shown in SCPToolkit, i do have some input delay when both controllers are connected however, and it depends on GPU intensive the game is, easily fixable by using a wire). It is a quality dongle, however.

Now the device won't even shop up on the list when i install the program (I always remove the previous SCP traces before installing input mapper).
I just want to change colors and use the touchpad as Select/Start. Sigh.

There's nobody here.