$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.25

Controller not recognized

3 years 5 months ago #1 by Hugo Stiglitz
So ever since I did some stupid windows 10 anniversary update or something like that, input mapper isn't working. It's not recognizing my DS4 through bluetooth or USB. I did copy the error log though

Application log from Hugo Stiglitz:
9/9/2016 10:47:33 PM> INFO: Starting...
9/9/2016 10:47:33 PM> INFO: Searching for controllers....
9/9/2016 10:47:33 PM> INFO: Using Exclusive Mode
9/9/2016 10:47:33 PM> WARNING: The bluetooth adapter or bluetooth drivers being used may not be compatible with this software.
9/9/2016 10:47:33 PM> WARNING: The bluetooth adapter or bluetooth drivers being used may not be compatible with this software.
9/9/2016 10:47:33 PM> TRACE: 99:C9:FF:2C:E6:D0 device start
9/9/2016 10:47:34 PM> TRACE: 30:0E:D5:92:7A:D7 device start
9/9/2016 10:47:35 PM> INFO: Found Controller: 99:C9:FF:2C:E6:D0 (USB)
9/9/2016 10:47:36 PM> TRACE: 30:0E:D5:92:7A:D7 power subsystem octet: 0x1b
9/9/2016 10:47:36 PM> TRACE: 2016-09-10T02:47:36.0132891Z> Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
9/9/2016 10:47:36 PM> WARNING: The bluetooth adapter or bluetooth drivers being used may not be compatible with this software.
9/9/2016 10:47:36 PM> INFO: Found Controller: 99:C9:FF:2C:E6:D0 (USB)
9/9/2016 10:47:36 PM> ERROR: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (Void WarnExclusiveModeFailure(System.Object) in DS4Control) []
   at DS4Control.Control.WarnExclusiveModeFailure(Object device)
   at DS4Control.Control.HotPlug()
   at InputMapper.MainWindow.MyMainWindow_Loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
   at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.Resize(ICompositionTarget resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
9/9/2016 10:47:36 PM> TRACE: Active application changed to C:\Program Files (x86)\DSDCS\InputMapper\InputMapper.exe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #2 by Wobbles
Replace you BT drivers with broadcomm drivers and uninstall all the controller devices (DS4 and 360) from device manager and let them re-install. MS really borked up the drivers in some AU instances. If that doesn't work its likely because the SCP VBus driver was wiped aswell so that must be re-installed (easiest way is to re-install IM)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hugo Stiglitz

3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #3 by Hugo Stiglitz

Wobbles wrote: Replace you BT drivers with broadcomm drivers and uninstall all the controller devices (DS4 and 360) from device manager and let them re-install. MS really borked up the drivers in some AU instances. If that doesn't work its likely because the SCP VBus driver was wiped aswell so that must be re-installed (easiest way is to re-install IM)

Yea. Damn Microsoft and their stupid updates. By BT drivers do you mean bluetooth? Is this what I want to download? - www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth

On device manager I see

Bluetooth USB Module
Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator
Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator
Wireless Controller

Should I replace them all with the new Broadcomm driver I downloaded?

3 years 5 months ago #4 by Wobbles
The broadcomm installer should do that itself.

3 years 5 months ago #5 by Hugo Stiglitz

Wobbles wrote: The broadcomm installer should do that itself.

It keeps saying bluetooth device is not detected, and to make sure it's plugged in properly in order to continue installation. No matter how I connect the DS4 it won't make it past this point.

3 years 5 months ago #6 by Wobbles
It sounds like your BT adapter is not compatible then

3 years 5 months ago #7 by Hugo Stiglitz

Wobbles wrote: It sounds like your BT adapter is not compatible then

Will there ever be a fix for this? I used Input Mapper not just for X360 emulation but most importantly for button remapping. This effectively kills PC gaming for me. Would input mapper recognize a X360 wired controller and still be able to do button mapping?

3 years 5 months ago #8 by Wobbles
Hardware incompatibility is not something that can be fixed. What dongle do you have?

3 years 5 months ago #9 by Hugo Stiglitz

Wobbles wrote: Hardware incompatibility is not something that can be fixed. What dongle do you have?

The problem was caused by a Windows 10 update so I don't see how hardware compatibility is the problem. Everything worked perfectly before the Windows 10 AU

I'm not using a dongle. My PC came with bluetooth support. Plus, plugging the DS4 in with USB makes no difference

Does Input Mapper work with Xbox 360 controllers? I still need the button mapping that Input Mapper has even if I don't use the DS4 anymore, not that I really have a choice thanks to Microsoft.

3 years 5 months ago #10 by Wobbles
But you also say you already took a look at the driver side, if you are positive that your BT adapter is compatible then we are right back at drivers, or misconfiguration. I would still like to know your adapter info though to make sure.