Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.50

IM 2.0 Sees DS4 As DI Device, But 1.5 Sees Nothing

3 years 6 months ago #1 by Blake Adelsperger
Hey all,

Weird predicament I have on my hands. It seems I'm transitioning to IM from DS4Windows because as far as I know there are no forums for it where I can ask for help on this weird problem. (Yes, I've uninstalled the SCP drivers.)

I picked up a new Dualshock controller this week, which is the newer generation releasing alongside the new PS4 slim, with the new lightbar and USB functionality. I can connect it to my computer just fine, and it shows up in my Device Manager as a game controller, but neither DS4W or InputMapper could pick up the device. IM merely says "No Compatible Controller Detected."

So I thought I'd give InputMapper 2.0 a shot just to mix things up one last time, and lo and behold, the program picks up the new DS4 as a DirectInput device through the plugin. Yet, I don't know how to do anything with it in terms of mapping it to a 360 controller. Can anyone help me out at getting this to run in 1.5 for stability?

A man's just gotta have his FIFA, you know.

Thanks in advance,

Battlesperger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #2 by Wobbles
Can you tell me what the PID and VID of the device are? perhaps the new devices are different. Otherwise my guess would be you need to remove any extra drivers you have and make sure that you are using default windows ones.

3 years 6 months ago #3 by Blake Adelsperger
So I double checked that I uninstalled SCP, uninstalled almost all of the HID devices under Human Interface Devices in my Device Manager, removed the device, rebooted, and re-paired. Sadly, IM 1.5 still doesn't pick up the device. The driver reading now is the Microsoft default for Bluetooth HID Devices.

This is what I got when checking for the PID and VID:
BTHENUM\{00001124-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_VID&0002054c_PID&09cc

How does that look?

3 years 6 months ago #4 by Wobbles
Yup the new controller has a new PID. Hopefully the HID packet format hasn't changed or I'm going to have to order one to decode the new one. Until I get IM 1.5 programmed with the new controller it will not work.

3 years 6 months ago #5 by Blake Adelsperger
Ah. Well it's nice to know that I'm not having a one-off problem and that's it's more of a matter of time before the controller type can be systematically added into the program.

I have been messing around with it, though, and it seems that now I can get the controller to give xinput input values, but they're duplicates with the directinput values also. In IM2.0 it's showing up as a new X360 controller. I hope that information can help a little bit. Thanks for the hard work,

Cheers.

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #6 by Wobbles
Try using this dll in IM 1.5, think it should work
Attachments:

3 years 6 months ago #7 by Wobbles
May need new HID lib aswell, try both these new files.
Attachments: