$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.50

Read/Write Failure IM 1.5

3 years 9 months ago #1 by Shane webb
I searched the forums to see if anyone else was having a similar problem and I was unsuccessful.

I've reinstalled all the proper drivers, I know I'm using a compatible BT dongle (Kinovo BT-400), and I haven't updated Windows 10 to the 1607 build so I don't think that is the issue. It works fine plugged in, the issue only occurs when I try to connect over BT. No clue why this is happening! I'll leave a screen shot of the readout from IM. Hopefully this is enough information....

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #2 by Wobbles
Make sure the dongle is plugged into a USB 2.0 port (not 3.0), make sure the USB dongle is on a bus with adequate power to spare, Make sure the dongle is not near any WiFi or other 2.5GHz signal. Make sure the dongle has proper grounding (try other ports).

What drivers are you using?

3 years 9 months ago #3 by Shane webb

Wobbles wrote: Make sure the dongle is plugged into a USB 2.0 port (not 3.0), make sure the USB dongle is on a bus with adequate power to spare, Make sure the dongle is not near any WiFi or other 2.5GHz signal. Make sure the dongle has proper grounding (try other ports).

What drivers are you using?

I changed ports and the controller now stays connected but it still has a latency issue. I don't have WiFi on this PC. I use a wireless keyboard and mouse but according the Logitech that uses a 2.4GHz signal so I'm not sure what else could be interfering with the BT signal here.

I believe the driver I am using is Broadcom BCM20702 version 12.0 0.940.

There has to be something that I am doing wrong because there are others on the forum that use a similar set up as me. I just cannot for the life of me figure out what it is I need to do differently. Thanks for being so prompt! Even on a Saturday.

3 years 9 months ago #4 by Wobbles
That was a typo, BT is 2.4 GHz aswell