$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$10.00
Average donation
$3.67

inputmapper permanently minimized after 6.1/6.2

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #1 by Eman
like the title says.. I can no longer access inputmapper to change profiles or button layouts.. I'm on windows 10 AU.. id provide a log but yeah.. when restarting the program the window will flash for a brief second before minimizing and is stuck on an alt profile (not default) even after a restart of my system.

Hope this gets ironed out and if anyone has experienced or fixed this issue let me know.

Edit: uninstalled and rolled back to 1.5.31 and everything works great. 1.6.1 & 1.6.2 have the issue when reinstalled though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #2 by akabuu
im losing my shit with this. how did u manage to uninstall 1.6?

3 years 6 months ago #3 by Wobbles

Eman wrote: like the title says.. I can no longer access inputmapper to change profiles or button layouts.. I'm on windows 10 AU.. id provide a log but yeah.. when restarting the program the window will flash for a brief second before minimizing and is stuck on an alt profile (not default) even after a restart of my system.

Hope this gets ironed out and if anyone has experienced or fixed this issue let me know.

Edit: uninstalled and rolled back to 1.5.31 and everything works great. 1.6.1 & 1.6.2 have the issue when reinstalled though.

The log is located in %appdata%\InputMapper\crash.log

3 years 6 months ago #4 by Wobbles

akabuu wrote: im losing my shit with this. how did u manage to uninstall 1.6?

You just simply uninstall it like you would any program. But if you don't help by letting us know about bugs and providing info, then how do you expect them to ever be fixed?

3 years 6 months ago #5 by akabuu

Wobbles wrote:

You just simply uninstall it like you would any program. But if you don't help by letting us know about bugs and providing info, then how do you expect them to ever be fixed?

I actually couldn't find an uninstaller in the folder the program is installed and it doesn't show up on the "remove a program from computer", those are my ways of uninstalling any other program.
I was getting pissed cause i deleted the folders in the program files and program data and tried installing 1.5 again but it still finds something in there that doesn't allow me to install older versions, which on it's own i don't get why it wouldn't.

Anyway, my main issue that seems to mess up inputmapper is that i play the old PS1 spyro games, and long story short, i try to assign the R2 and L2 buttons [camera rotation] to the right and left inputs of the right stick. it gives me some error and when i load back inputmapper it loads the profile where i made that change and crashes again. In 1.5 i got around it by deleting the profile and it would go back to default profile. In 1.6 though, i tried again cause i thought maybe it had added support to that kind of stuff. Same error happens but it doesn't default anymore by deleting the profile. At least i don't think so as it doesn't open anymore, it just stays minimized.
But i rebooted the computer and then it went back to default. Now its cool. But yeah, still cant do the right stick thing or it'll flip out.

here's the crash report i got from the appdata

File Attachment:

File Name: Crash.log
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:

3 years 6 months ago #6 by Wobbles

akabuu wrote:

Wobbles wrote:

I actually couldn't find an uninstaller in the folder the program is installed and it doesn't show up on the "remove a program from computer", those are my ways of uninstalling any other program.
I was getting pissed cause i deleted the folders in the program files and program data and tried installing 1.5 again but it still finds something in there that doesn't allow me to install older versions, which on it's own i don't get why it wouldn't.

Anyway, my main issue that seems to mess up inputmapper is that i play the old PS1 spyro games, and long story short, i try to assign the R2 and L2 buttons [camera rotation] to the right and left inputs of the right stick. it gives me some error and when i load back inputmapper it loads the profile where i made that change and crashes again. In 1.5 i got around it by deleting the profile and it would go back to default profile. In 1.6 though, i tried again cause i thought maybe it had added support to that kind of stuff. Same error happens but it doesn't default anymore by deleting the profile. At least i don't think so as it doesn't open anymore, it just stays minimized.
But i rebooted the computer and then it went back to default. Now its cool. But yeah, still cant do the right stick thing or it'll flip out.

File Attachment:

Uninstall should be in add remove programs unless files were manually swapped or removed, doing so breaks windows files tracking and uninstall capibilities

Mapping a stick to a trigger is not possible as one is a +/- axis and the other is a + only axis, the conversion between the two do not exist. You can try using a macro to do this, but I have never tried it in such a fashion.
Attachments:

3 years 6 months ago #7 by akabuu

Wobbles wrote:

akabuu wrote:

Wobbles wrote:

File Attachment:

Uninstall should be in add remove programs unless files were manually swapped or removed, doing so breaks windows files tracking and uninstall capibilities

Mapping a stick to a trigger is not possible as one is a +/- axis and the other is a + only axis, the conversion between the two do not exist. You can try using a macro to do this, but I have never tried it in such a fashion.

what are these macros that you speak of?

3 years 6 months ago #8 by Wobbles

akabuu wrote: what are these macros that you speak of?

inputmapper.com/help/14-input-mapper-1-5
The following user(s) said Thank You: akabuu

3 years 6 months ago #9 by akabuu

Wobbles wrote:

akabuu wrote: what are these macros that you speak of?

inputmapper.com/help/14-input-mapper-1-5

Oh shit! It worked! :D
Thanks

3 years 5 months ago #10 by Eman
So I just looked into the document and apparently I wont be able to provide a crash log. I think programs I use to murder Cortana and block Microsoft telemetry have also blocked inputmapper. The only thing in my log is dated back when I originally installed a long time ago.

Wobbles wrote:

Eman wrote: like the title says.. I can no longer access inputmapper to change profiles or button layouts.. I'm on windows 10 AU.. id provide a log but yeah.. when restarting the program the window will flash for a brief second before minimizing and is stuck on an alt profile (not default) even after a restart of my system.

The log is located in %appdata%\InputMapper\crash.log