$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.25

News on Home page

3 years 4 months ago #1 by Moregaze
How do I get rid of that stuff and just have it show controllers like it used to? Or will I have to revert back to 1.5?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #2 by Wobbles
Controller info is now in the top toolbar

3 years 4 months ago #3 by Moregaze
Ok so no way to make it as big as it was before. Guess I will just revert.

3 years 4 months ago #4 by Wobbles
You are missing a lot of features then, 1.5 will not be supported at all shortly and premium logins will not work after a while.

3 years 4 months ago #5 by Moregaze
I understand that. But I would like to see the news section to be half the size. I appreciate your work but your news is less relevant than the status of my controller while I am gaming. Making the controller info tiny kind of defeats the point of having the program open on a second screen so I can know when to switch controllers out. So now that the news dominates the screen I will just minimize it and never see the news anyways. Where as if you went back to the old large icons and half the screen as news, I would be more likely to see it and go into it if the subject interested me. Just my two thoughts and again thank you for your hard work. Since Microsoft is so anti DS4

3 years 4 months ago #6 by Wobbles
What would occupy the additional space tho? The new format still shows the battery and still warns when down to 10%. Simply making the icons bigger would be, well, ugly.

3 years 4 months ago #7 by Moregaze
I mean if you really feel that this giant block of text of the left image looks better than the useful information on the right image. More power to you man.

http://imgur.com/a/F3PKf

3 years 4 months ago #8 by Wobbles
What useful information? The gyro accel readouts? The latency graph which was basically misleading information and ate up a ton of CPU time? The battery indicator which is still very much present but now not so needlessly huge?

Give this a read before you put too much stock in the latency graph and huge battery readout. inputmapper.com/34-inputmapper-1-6-launched-and-well-received

If you want to stick with 1.5 that's fine and there is a reason why I keep legacy versions available on the site, just be sure you know what you are giving up.

3 years 4 months ago #9 by Moregaze
Yes I read the post. Before updating. I just don't want the news feed. I don't know why that is hard to understand. When I put inputmapper on my second screen with my Temp monitoring software and voice coms. I preferred the bigger controller information. I understood latency was a useless metric since I was using it over Bluetooth anyways. However seeing a giant block of text instead of useful controller information that you can just glace at and see without having to focus on the smallest icon in the window (which is also now monochrome). I would even be willing to pay more (or donate) in order to get rid of your stream plugging and to have a bigger battery meter/connectivity meter. Much as I immediately paid to get rid of ads. Or hell even have the ability to minimize it so I can see just controller info.