$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$10.00
Average donation
$3.67

FFXIV isn't seeing controller

3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #1 by Zachary L
I have a weird issue where FFXIV doesn't seem to see my controler. XInput Test chows that Controller 1 is functioning correctly and other games (such as Rocket League) seems to work just fine.

Things to note are that InputMapper is unable to obtain Exclusive Access to the controller for reasons I can't seem to understand. I'm not sure how to debug this issue either since I'm not sure what application obtained exclusive control. I'm not even sure if this is actually the problem.

Something else to keep in mind is that I used DS4Windows before InputMapper. I manually uninstalled all drivers that I'm aware of and the application itself.

Not sure where to go from here and I'm not familiar with Windows input. Any suggestions?

EDIT: This only happens when I use the controller via Bluetooth! If I use the controller over USB, FFXIV seems to work fine. Still a problem since I don't have a USB cable that securely stays attached to the controller.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #2 by Wobbles
what version are you on?

3 years 5 months ago #3 by Zachary L

Wobbles wrote: what version are you on?

The recent release of 1.6.6.
I'm also on Windows 10 using build version 14393.222.

3 years 5 months ago #4 by Wobbles
Things to check are that the controller is set is the primary input device in the advanced section of joy.cpl, and that exclusive mode is running

3 years 5 months ago #5 by Zachary L

Wobbles wrote: Things to check are that the controller is set is the primary input device in the advanced section of joy.cpl, and that exclusive mode is running

I figured it out... The game sees two controllers:
  1. Wireless Controller
  2. Xbox 360 Controller

For whatever reason, it doesn't work at all with Wireless controller (which I believe is the HID interface to the device). It works fine if you set it to use the Xbox 360 Controller. I wasn't aware I could even change the controller device the game used.

Sorry for the trouble!

3 years 5 months ago #6 by jackff
this game has native gamepad support