Server, CDN, Network, Licensing
Development Budget
Developers Beer Fund

Number of donations
Highest donation
$50.00
Average donation
$3.99
× ATTENTION: InputMapper has a new system for tracking issues, bugs, and requesting support. Please visit inputmapper.com/support and submit a ticket there.

macros and Axis tuning

5 months 4 weeks ago #11 by JD
Look forward to seeing what you come up with!
The topic has been locked.
5 months 3 weeks ago #12 by JD
Hey there,

So I downloaded the new update and I have been having problems getting my PS4 controller to connect wireless i was able to eventually but it took a lot of connecting and disconnecting and as of right now it dont wont work. Im attaching screen shots with descriptions for each one.

Please advise.

picture 1 is PS4 controller says is paired but not connected by usb

picture 2: is connected by usb

picture 3 windows is reading it as connected but the mapper dont see it.

picture 4 removed bluetooth connection with controller and plugged in to usb

picture 5 this was my last attempt to connect wireless
5 months 3 weeks ago #13 by Wobbles
I see its paired, but that's not the same as connected when it comes to BT. What happens when you push the PS button to power on and connect it?
5 months 3 weeks ago #14 by JD
i have not tried that yet but i will, i currently have it connected now but it says setup incomplete.
I generally start it connected to usb then pulled the cord from the controller and start a bluetooth connection with the controller and it would read connect on the mapper before windows even said it was connected.
5 months 3 weeks ago #15 by JD
Well i did a reboot and started up the mapper and pressed the controller on without it being connected to usb, which would of turned it on automatically anyway....but the controller cycled through the bluetooth connection and it connected. It still ended up saying setup in complete and to restart but it worked. First time ive connected wireless that way.
5 months 3 weeks ago #16 by Wobbles
You might have a driver issue on your PC then, as turning on and pairing a controller with PC is basic level stuff that IM isn't even needed for or involved with. I would try making sure you don't have any other utilities that are possibly interfering with Windows ability to install generic Windows drivers for this controller.
5 months 3 weeks ago #17 by JD
Hard to say....

If there was something wrong with one of the drives wouldn't it say so in the device manager?
Attachments:
5 months 3 weeks ago #18 by Wobbles
If it keeps saying setup incomplete and you have to keep restarting, that's a sign that something is certainly wonky. You can try removing all BT devices including the dongle making sure to also select the remove software option.
5 months 3 weeks ago #19 by JD
Yeah, ill go through and remove everthing make sure all drivers are up to date and see what I get.
5 months 2 weeks ago #20 by JD
Hey man,

That new macro recorder looks killer, look forward to seeing how it works.

I was wondering if there was any sensitivity measures with those recorded macros....sometimes with online play ones I've made will skip a few inputs here or there or there will be a bit of a delay from trigger to action but for the most part they run really clean. Just throwing it out there if it can help you brainstorm but there is a android app called MAXJoypad and it has a record feature on it, now as far as recording like combos for PS4 fighting games it is dead on I was shocked on how it played back unfortunately that was the only good thing but however it was sending the macros was spot on. When you were describing the upcoming features a couple other aspects that came to mind was maybe like a repeater function where you could set a macro to run X number of times from 1 trigger instance. Another feature that would be helpful is if you could interrupt one macro with another one, so like you trigger one and your mid stream and now you want to trigger a different one and bam....the first one stops and the next one kicks in, as far as my playing habits go that would come in very handy. Anyway mapper has been running great for me in conjunction with remote play for PS4....So cant wait to see what you send out cause I already know its gonna be cool!

Later.