Number of donations
Highest donation
$10.00
Average donation
$3.67

PS4 controller won't connect over Bluetooth

3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #1 by Fantoka
Hello,
This weekend I updated from 1.5.31 to 1.6.7. I had some issues getting my PS4 controller to work over Bluetooth with input mapper (it hasn't shown any controller), but it connected to my Pc. After I restarted my Pc it connected. I tried to play Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor, but it took no input in the menu and I got a blue screen, but it was to fast to remember what the problem was. After the Pc restarted I tried it again, but the same happened. I when went back to 1.5.31 but my PS4 controller won't connect to my pc. I click on connect in my settings it takes some time but then it connects and also says connected, but the light bar on the controller goes off pretty fast and the Pc then only says ready to pair. After I pair it again my Pc says its connected and the light bar is on, but input mapper only says that there is no compatible controller.
I use the Windows 10 Pro edition. I hope someone could help me with this issue. Wired everything works fine.

Thanks in advance
Fantoka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #2 by Wobbles
Try swapping your BT drivers for Broadcom ones.

3 years 5 months ago #3 by Fantoka
Sadly I don't know exactly how my BT dongle is named it just says trust and looks like this:
www.replacedirect.de/product/p0119661/tr...R_1S0OYrMaAubU8P8HAQ
But it could also be a 3.0 or 2.0 BT dongle. Will the Broadcom ones work with it?

3 years 5 months ago #4 by Wobbles
2.0 is not sufficient, it must be 2.1+EDR

3 years 5 months ago #5 by wirenut48
They don't say what chipset that one uses, you need one with a broadcom chipset.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

3 years 5 months ago #6 by Fantoka
Because it already worked, until I got this blue screen, it seems to be a 3.0 Bluetooth dongle. So this one:
www.trust.com/de/product/17772-bluetooth-3-0-usb-adapter

This site says it says an Atheros chipset:
www.linux-hardware-guide.de/2013-11-29-t...-0-usb-adapter-17772 (German)
So will it work with another driver or are there any other tips?

3 years 5 months ago #7 by Wobbles
Have you tried the Broadcom drivers yet?