$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$2.00
Average donation
$2.00

[1.6.8.19878] Looping Notification Bug

3 years 6 months ago #1 by Pergatory
Just downloaded the newest version of input mapper, and went to connect my controller, did the entire need to reconnect controller for exclusive mode thing. Connected it once more, and then it starts cycling the same notification about exclusive mode still not working. I closed out steam as well and tried again with the same result. I also disabled "Use Exclusive Mode" in the settings, and it's still doing it as well. When the notification loops repeatedly as well, it hangs input mapper entirely.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #2 by Wobbles
The only time ive seen this happen is when the controller is rapidly connecting/disconnecting because the USB cable/bus is not up to spec or the dongle is not compatible.

can you post your log

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #3 by Pergatory
Yeah I can. I'll need to install the newest version again though since I dropped to the previous version that was still functional. I know my controller has some latency problems (as to why is beyond me, but I fault the actual controller hardware since it doesn't happen with my other controller). I'll get that log posted soon enough, unless the issue "magically" disappears, in which case I'll keep you posted.

Update: Grabbed the log file anyway, but it's not doing it just like I figured. My guess is installing it went awry somewhere, but I have no evidence as to what. I'll attach my log anyway though. Also it looks like if you press yes on format log, it throws a bunch of errors.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #4 by Pergatory
Just wanted to revisit this. I tried to upgrade to the latest again (1.6.10) however the issue still persists. From what I've seen it has to deal with my bluetooth drivers, but 1.6.7 works perfectly. I will attach the log I have from it. The reason I suspect it being related to bluetooth is when the driver is enabled, input mapper becomes extremely slow and almost unusable. Current driver I'm using is Intel Wireless 10.0.14393.0 however the issue is persistent across all drivers.

Edit: I figured out what was causing it. My phone was connected via bluetooth as well, and was causing an odd conflict. I doubt there is much on your end you can to do fix it, so I'd say this should be closed.
Attachments:

3 years 5 months ago #5 by Wobbles
Hmm, well that could be too much bandwidth for BT to handle.