$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.50

IM turns off controller after a few seconds

3 years 6 months ago #1 by Delicieuxz
I generally had no issues with the previous Input Mapper version, but I just downloaded the update to the new version, after being prompted to in the application, and with the new version, my controller keeps disconnecting a few seconds after I turn it on.

When I turn the controller on, it's detected by Input Mapper, and it stays on for a few seconds, and then it turns off, and Input Mapper says the controller was disconnected.

The controller is at full charge, and the light on the controller corresponds to this, while it's on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #2 by Delicieuxz
Actually, this post refers to build 1.6.8 or whatever... the new one that's still version 1. The issue seems to have been the idle disconnect timer, and somehow it was changed to 10 seconds. However, that's not the full issue. Even after uninstalling all versions of Input Mapper, the 10 second idle disconnect timer thing was still causing my DS4 controller to shut off a few seconds after turning it on. I installed DS4 Windows, with Input Mapper removed from my PC, and the controller still kept turning itself off shortly after being turned on.

The solution was to reinstall Input Mapper, and change the idle disconnect time. Maybe I could have done the same thing from DS4 Windows, but I figured it out only after reinstalling Input Mapper.

I don't know if the idle disconnect timer changed on its own, during the automatic update of IM, or if I changed it myself by accident, before updating IM. But, I don't recall changing it, and I was using my controller and IM without this disconnecting days prior to updating it, after which is when I first noticed the disconnecting.

3 years 6 months ago #3 by Wobbles
Idle disconnect is definitely turned off in the default profile.