$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.50

Stops Responding on Startup

3 years 9 months ago #1 by Alberto Lopez-Espinosa
This continues to occur with both 1.6.7.28171 and 1.6.8.19878. I managed to use Input Mapper yesterday for several hours after which I turned off my computer for the evening. Today, despite multiple attempts and re-installations, Input Mapper freezes up on startup. Absolutely nothing has changed from yesterday to today. Running Windows 10 (Version 1607, OS Build 14393.222)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #2 by Wobbles
Thank the heavens for a properly and complete request for assistance ;-)

Give the attached exe a try (swap them out), let me know if issue is resolved or if errors change.

File Attachment:

File Name: InputMapper.exe
File Size:2,398 KB
Attachments:

3 years 9 months ago #3 by Alberto Lopez-Espinosa

Wobbles wrote: Thank the heavens for a properly and complete request for assistance ;-)

Give the attached exe a try (swap them out), let me know if issue is resolved or if errors change.

File Attachment:

File Name: InputMapper.exe
File Size:2,398 KB

Thanks for the help, but the program now fails to even startup before freezing. Instead I am being shown the error in the following screenshot.
Attachments:

3 years 9 months ago #4 by Wobbles
That seems to be a bug/undocumented feature from our good friends at Microsoft: support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2669244

3 years 9 months ago #5 by Alberto Lopez-Espinosa

Wobbles wrote: That seems to be a bug/undocumented feature from our good friends at Microsoft: support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2669244

I tried the methods suggested by Windows and turning off my antivirus allows it to boot; however, we are now back to the first issue.

3 years 9 months ago #6 by Wobbles
ok, ive made some changes, this time its going to require a re-install though because I have made other changes in IM that I cannot roll back to trouble shoot this issue, so I'm going to just package the dev build I have now into an install until I can push the fix as a regular patch (assuming I found the fix). If this doesn't work include your logs again as I added a few more tracers that should further narrow where things go wrong.

File Attachment:

File Name: InputMappe...886).exe
File Size:16,068 KB
Attachments:

3 years 9 months ago #7 by Alberto Lopez-Espinosa

Wobbles wrote: ok, ive made some changes, this time its going to require a re-install though because I have made other changes in IM that I cannot roll back to trouble shoot this issue, so I'm going to just package the dev build I have now into an install until I can push the fix as a regular patch (assuming I found the fix). If this doesn't work include your logs again as I added a few more tracers that should further narrow where things go wrong.

File Attachment:

File Name: InputMappe...886).exe
File Size:16,068 KB

Okay... So it looks like we're getting somewhere. For this one I have to turn my antivirus off to both install it and run it. That being said, when it does run, I get the window to actually fill with content (unlike before where it would be empty) before it stops responding. Attached are my logs.
Attachments:

3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #8 by Wobbles
can you try deleting your configuration file and running it fresh that way? %appdata%\InputMapper\Configuration.xml
The only 2 things in the method that is throwing the exception are:
            if (Global.getStartMinimized())
            {
                this.Hide();
            }
            if (Environment.GetCommandLineArgs().Contains("-shell"))
            {
                this.Hide();

DS4W_Shell.Shell ShellLoader = new DS4W_Shell.Shell();
                ShellLoader.Show();
            }

So I'm guessing you have it set to minimize at startup

3 years 9 months ago #9 by Alberto Lopez-Espinosa

Wobbles wrote: can you try deleting your configuration file and running it fresh that way? %appdata%\InputMapper\Configuration.xml
The only 2 things in the method that is throwing the exception are:

if (Global.getStartMinimized())
            {
                this.Hide();
            }
            if (Environment.GetCommandLineArgs().Contains("-shell"))
            {
                this.Hide();

DS4W_Shell.Shell ShellLoader = new DS4W_Shell.Shell();
                ShellLoader.Show();
            }

So I'm guessing you have it set to minimize at startup

That seemed to do it. I mean, I still have to turn off my antivirus to launch it, but at least it works now.The weird thing is that I never set it to start out minimised. Anyway, thanks for the help!