3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #1 by SCP
IM log:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Install log:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Windows version:

Win 10 Pro, build 14393.222

Explanation:

It seemed to work fine using the USB cable for Witcher 3. Still, I wasn't using it because Witcher 3 did not need any programs to use the controller. I got the recommended Bluetooth dongle, everything looks good on InputMapper except that there's some lag. It's running in exclusive mode. It just doesn't do anything when I try Witcher 3.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #2 by Wobbles
I just had the same issue, they must have changed something in a witcher patch. for now just disconnect then reconnect the controller while the game is running

3 years 6 months ago #3 by SCP
It still doesn't work, if what you mean is to press the bluetooth button in IM to disconnect then go to the game and press the PS button on the controller to reconnect.

3 years 6 months ago #4 by Wobbles
you've already made sure everything works in xinput and made sure the 360 controller is set as default in joy.cpl right?

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #5 by SCP
Yeah. I have a "vmultia HID" and an XBOX360 controller in joy.cpl. When I press the bluetooth controller to reconnect, a new XBOX360 controller comes up so there's 2. I set this one as default (the option says it's "to use with older programs") but still nothing in Witcher 3 (tried setting both XBOX360 controllers that come up as default). The controller is working fine with Metal Gear Rising and Input Mapper through bluetooth.

3 years 6 months ago #6 by Wobbles
Sounds like you have a phantom 360 controller you need to remove from device manager

3 years 6 months ago #7 by SCP
I removed the extra driver but it's still not working.

3 years 6 months ago #8 by Wobbles
so in devices manager and joy.cpl there is only 1 360 controller now right?

3 years 6 months ago #9 by SCP

Wobbles wrote: so in devices manager and joy.cpl there is only 1 360 controller now right?

There was only one. But I just restarted the PC again and it seems like a new one installed itself. Probably when I connected through BT or used IM, I don't know, I have no idea what's happening. I tried removing all of them, then having only one but somehow a second one installs itself at some point.

3 years 6 months ago #10 by Wobbles
So one of them is obviously made by IM when you start and connect a controller, but the other needs to be gotten rid of as its likely taking the controller 1 slot. There has to be ShadowPLay or some other ds4/ds3 tool lingering about somewhere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCP