$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$10.00
Average donation
$3.67

Unable to install 1.6.9

3 years 5 months ago #1 by Knut Are Nybø
Hello guys, I am unable to instal 1.6.9 because of a error telling me that "The older version of InputMapper cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group." It is probably something easy/stupid but I havent been able to figure out what. attaching the log and a screen of the error so that you might be able to figure something out.

File Attachment:

File Name: MSI5879.LOG
File Size:223 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #2 by Wobbles
Moved to the support forum.

Looks like you or another app deleted some of the files needed by a previous install to uninstall itself. IM should only be attempted to be removed using windows installer.

3 years 5 months ago #3 by Knut Are Nybø
never touched it until I tried to instal 1.6.9 just now. any idea how to get past it?

3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #4 by Raeyn
you could try manually deleting the files wherever it installed to last, i recommend keeping the appdata/roaming files as those are just profile data. if your on windows ten you should also go into "programs and features" (right click windows logo on bottom right, its the top entry) and find input mapper, tell it to uninstall and when it asks to remove entry click yes, hopefully this will remove the entry from registry. after successfully removing all the files (if you haven't yet try restarting as well, fixes a lot of issues) then reinstall the program.

Hope this works!

Edit: i think the default install directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\DSDCS\DS4Windows
you would want to delete the DSDCS file and all sub-directories within that folder

3 years 5 months ago #5 by Knut Are Nybø
Thanks Raeyn, but it wouldnt remove because of a missing MSI file. What I did to clean it was to delete all entrys in the registery for inputmapper, than I deleted the directory. after this was done I could freely install 1.6.9 without any other problems.

3 years 5 months ago #6 by Wobbles
For reference if the MSI gets lost and this stuff happens again, Revo Uninstaller Pro does a pretty good job of automatically removing orphaned installs