Rain
$2.00
Fahad
$2.00
Carlo
$5.00
m3rlinsbart
$2.00
Thank you - works great with Pokemon Desmume Emulator!
Katie
$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$50.00
Average donation
$6.53

exclusive mode issues

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #1 by gfgfg
exclusive mode not working ds4 controller
log posted
i am on windows 10 64 bit ltsb 1507 (RTM) 10240.17113
using bluetooth for this not wired
i have tried the exclusive tool/tried it without the tool/tried the youtube video you posted
but it still on shared mode not exclusive
steam origin is not running while i use inputmapper the latest 1.6 version
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #2 by Ethan Nunn
I'm having the same issue. The "fix" didn't do crap. Worked fine before.

Running the Windows 10 AU.

"WARNING: We are still unable to open the device exclusively even after running the exclusive mode tool for Win 10 AU. The issue likely resides in another application open that is trying to access the controller."

Nope. No it isn't. Nothing is using the controller.

3 years 2 months ago #3 by Thomas Muller
Same for me, in bluetooth mode my controller isn't in exclusive mode but in USB no problem...

3 years 2 months ago #4 by Wobbles

Nope. No it isn't. Nothing is using the controller.

Yes, something is, that's the ENTIRE cause of failed exclusive mode access.

3 years 2 months ago #5 by Ethan Nunn

Wobbles wrote: Yes, something is, that's the ENTIRE cause of failed exclusive mode access.

But how? I don't have anything open.

3 years 2 months ago #6 by Wobbles
Doesn't need to be a game, or even an application you would commonly consider, in early versions of Windows 10, the DNS service for the networking tried to hook the controller, then after that Cortana tried to hook it. With Windows 10 AU is something in the enumerator that is hooking it, but this at least has been worked around by use of the AU script.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aaron Reyes

3 years 1 month ago #7 by Aaron Reyes
For me, the exclusive mode tool fix was working up until last night, when it just decided it didnt want to work anymore. I appreciate you always listening to the feedback, and I'm glad to see you're looking into the issue.

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #8 by Gandomyr

Thomas Muller wrote: Same for me, in bluetooth mode my controller isn't in exclusive mode but in USB no problem...

Same thing here. I start IM, if I connect my controller through the USB cable, no problem, everything checks!
If I disconnect the cable and connect through Bluetooth, IM tells me it cannot use exclusive mode. I tried deleting my connection and pair it again, but didn't work. I'll try to look for another driver, but I doubt that's the case.

I'm on a laptop, Device Manager tells me it's a Broadcom device. The precise laptop model is ASUS ROG-G750JS. I run the latest Windows 10 version.

LE: I use Input Mapper 1.6.10.19991, tried the latest ExclusiveModeTool available, didn't work.
LLE: checked the driver page for my model (found here ), but there is no driver update for Bluetooth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zaim shahrel

3 years 1 month ago #9 by Wobbles
1) Manufacturer drivers are probably the worst ones out there for BT, use either chipset based (Broadcomm) or Windows generic ones.
2) Does it only happen when connect both via USB and BT? What happens when JUST using BT?

3 years 1 month ago #10 by Gandomyr
I'm using the default generic Windows drivers, since W10 found most all my hardware after install. Here's what happens when I try to connect just using BT (it's the same thing actually):
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]