$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.00

Quick Question about Macro Editor

3 years 5 months ago #1 by madboyv1
This is not so much a question for program support, but more a usage question. I'm looking to macro CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+= to the Touchpad click to do a custom command in the game I play. I do know the touchpad click works by macroing the X button on the controller to it and testing in game. However when I try to break out the keystrokes I can't seem to get it working.

I know getting alt, shift and control work separately as I've tested the macro in another program that accepts commands like alt+s, ctrl+s, shift+s.

I thought it was as simple as
ctrl [press]
[wait for release]
alt [press]
[wait for release]
Right shift [press]
[wait for release]
"=" [press]
[wait for release]
"=" [release]
right shift [release]
alt [release]
ctrl [release]

Thank you very much. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #2 by wirenut48
you might try removing the 'wait for release' between the presses. just use it between the press and release and at the end of macro.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

3 years 5 months ago #3 by madboyv1
Tried your suggestion as follows but it did not seem to work still. Good to know I don't need all of those wait for release steps.

ctrl [press]
alt [press]
Right shift [press]
"=" [press]
[wait for release]
"=" [release]
right shift [release]
alt [release]
ctrl [release]

3 years 5 months ago #4 by Wobbles
Are you using scancode?

3 years 5 months ago #5 by madboyv1
I tried both with and without scan code. I wonder if it's the game I want to use this in. I am playing Final Fantasy XIV. If I do shift+A with a wait for release it works just fine in notepad, but in game it does nothing.

3 years 5 months ago #6 by Wobbles
Wonder if it allows gamepad and KB simultaneously. Many games do not.

3 years 5 months ago #7 by madboyv1
I want to say it does, as I can type in the chat box with one hand and move my character with the controller using the other at the same time.

3 years 5 months ago #8 by Wobbles
chat box isn't the same as control, you are not running the game as admin correct?

3 years 5 months ago #9 by madboyv1

Wobbles wrote: chat box isn't the same as control, you are not running the game as admin correct?

Ah ha that was the issue. I ran InputMapper as Admin and now it works fine. For the record, the game does allow both, whether I have alphanumeric keys count for direct chat input or not changes how those keys behave by default. When they are modified by any modifier key that behavior is overridden. Other keys on the keyboard do correlate directly to game commands, and the numberpad doubles as basic movement and several commands too.

Thanks for the push in the right direction wirenut, and thanks for admin realization wobbles; I forgot that I do run this game as admin.