$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$10.00
Average donation
$3.45

SWTOR issue

3 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Derek
when i launch swtor inputmapper doesn't work but if go back to win 10 the inputmapper works..... any work? around both apps running as admin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 weeks ago #2 by Wobbles

1 year 8 months ago #3 by CyberBlade
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I am having the exact issue that Derek started this thread with. Hopefully the information I provide better explains what does not work.

Background: I am trying to use input mapper version 1.6.10 (newest, i downloaded earlier today) to play Star Wars The Old Republic, with my DS4 Controller.

What does work: I have setup my profile for the way I want it to be in SWTOR. I can test it by opening notepad and hitting buttons. Everything works, trackpad works to move the mouse, all my buttons work. The controller works by having it wired and also via bluetooth (preferred).

What doesn't work: As soon as I launch the SWTOR executable no further inputs from the DS4 controller work. I have even tried to launch the game with using the trackpad on the DS4. It had the same result, just on the game launcher it self, I can not get the mouse to function to click anything. I have numbers assigned to the D-Pad, in my notepad test, i get the numbers 1-4. If I click on the username field in the SWTOR launcher I should be able to press the D-Pad and type numbers 1-4 into the username text field. That does not work as well. There is really no point to go further, but even if I launch the game fully and try to run around with my character, none of the buttons work. I can minimize the game and then everything will work just fine. Just not in game.

What I have tried: Reinstalling Input Mapper multiple times. Trying to use HIDGuardian, which as far as I can tell is successfully installed and working, because when it did not work before I saw an error note next to my controller stating that there was an issue with exclusive mode. All of my keys are marked to use scancode.

I have not tried disabling scancode on any keys. I have also not tried turning off emulate virtual controller. Not sure if those things will help.

Let me know what you suggest I can try, and if you need any information from me, like log or config files, let me know and I will post them.

Thank you.

1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #4 by wirenut48
What are the control input options from within the game? Will the game allow inputs from a controller, mouse and keyboard at the same time? If not, that's your answer.

Or are you trying to use the controller to emulate a mouse and keyboard, if that's the case how do you have the profile setup.

Non scandcode inputs may be needed with that game. The track pad would only work as a mouse if the game supports a controller.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 8 months ago #5 by CyberBlade
The game itself does not support controllers. So I was trying to emulate the keyboard and mouse. If I can never get the trackpad to work as a mouse than that is fine. I can live without the mouse.

I have attached the profile settings that I am trying to use. I had tried to set up the buttons to cover the keys 1-8 (DPad and X...Pad?), WASDQE, for movement are on the sticks. The triggers handle shift, alt, ctrl, and tab. I have a few other buttons of it, but if I can get those keys to work like they do on a keyboard, then I should be fine in game.

I can try removing the scan code from the buttons when I get home from work.
Attachments:

1 year 8 months ago #6 by wirenut48
I'd try one without scancode to see if it works. You may be better off using macros instead of direct mapping. You will have more control over how the buttons work, like separating press and release and add a wait for release in between to hold the button pressed until you release it.

Here's a sample of your profile I modified, just make sure to unbind the button in mapping when creating a macro for it.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10
Attachments:

1 year 8 months ago #7 by wirenut48
I didn't use scancode with those macros, so if they don't work try it with scancode.

1 year 8 months ago #8 by CyberBlade
Thank you for the help so far. Unfortunately no luck. I tried using the keys you set up with the macros, I edited one to use scan code. I also tried removing scancode from a different button. None of them made a difference. The game still refuses to accept any button presses from the controller.

I also tried putting the game in windowed mode, fullscreen, and windowed fullscreen. None of that helped.

Any other options we can try?

1 year 8 months ago #9 by wirenut48
Can't think of anything else to try, don't know why the game won't recognize the keystrokes. Maybe it has some serious anti-cheating filters.