$2.00
André Philipi da Silva
$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$19.97

Can anybody instruct how to use the program?

2 years 11 months ago #1 by Tom Bly
I can't seem to find a tutorial or instruction anywhere on how to actually use the program. I am using 1.6.10.19991. Under tools, Xinput test. My xbox one controller (plugged in via USB) shows input. So I hit new profile and under the mapping I see a playstation controller but the PS guide button is showing Xbox Guide button so I am assuming the mapping tab is still where I would assign things. So I've set the d-pad as Mouse Up, Down, Left, and Right hoping to use this while on chrome when I'm playing chess online from my couch hah. I have "Emulate virtual controller" checked (not sure what that is). I didn't touch anything in the Configuration tab nor Axis Tuning nor Macros. Under Auto Launch, I selected my Chrome at C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe and hit save. I have no idea what to do from here to get the profile to launch and work. Do I keep the program on the Home tab or the Profiles tab? Do I select a profile and then minimize or does the profile just auto-function when the app assigned is open? If that's the case then it isn't working with my Chrome. I also tried with Guild Wars 2 and had no luck in getting that to work. I'll continue to try other apps in the meantime. Thanks to anybody who helps!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #2 by Wobbles
Did you assign the profile to the controller?

2 years 11 months ago #3 by Tom Bly
I don't think so? How do I go about doing that? Thanks for the help btw :)

2 years 11 months ago #4 by Wobbles
The drop down box by the controllers icon, pick your profile from there.

2 years 11 months ago #5 by Tom Bly
I don't see where that is located. By the controllers icon, do you mean the backdrop image of the controller in the button mapping section of the Profile Editor? The only place I see what you might be referring to is the section next to "Emulate Virtual Controller" which is a tab that appears to be a drop down box that says "Xbox 360 Controller" - It is however grayed out. I am trying to use an Xbox One controller preferably and if that is not supported, then an Xbox 360 controller. I've tried plugging both in and this area was still grayed out (if it is indeed the correct area).

2 years 11 months ago #6 by Wobbles
IM does not currently support xbox controllers as input devices.

2 years 11 months ago #7 by Tom Bly
Doh, I knew I missed something. Sorry for wasting your time!

2 years 11 months ago #8 by Wobbles
Next pubically released version will tho

2 years 8 months ago #9 by wjsandbe
Ok I'm trying to use a PS4 APEX racing wheel Using inputmapper. When I select tools and goto XInput Test, it shows a picture of an Xbox controller, but also show my steering wheel functioning properly as I engage the buttons or the steering. Does this mean that my PS4 steering wheel is being recognized as an Xbox controller? Beside "Emulate Virtual Controller" the dropdown says "Xbox 360 Controller" and is also greyed out. Is there a way to fix this? I am also trying to use my PS4 racing wheel to play games in my google chrome browser, but outside of inputmapper I cannot seem to get it to function.

2 years 8 months ago #10 by logged user
this ppl are poor fuckign shit dont even bother bro this is crap and will be as microFUCKINGsoft will always try to release new shit to block ps4 as they need sell their fuckign xbox one fucking shit