$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.50

Forza Horizon 3 orks via USB but not via Bluetooth

3 years 7 months ago #1 by Sumit
I'm on Windows 10 1607. I'm playing the latest version of Forza Horizon 3 downloaded via the xbox store/win10 app.

ImputMapper works with a Bluetooth connected PS4 controller for all of my games, both Steam and non Steam, (FFXIII, Absolute Drift, Spectra, etc) in Bluetooth mode. However for Forza Horizon 3, my controller has to be plugged in. Sometimes if I plug it in after the game starts, it will recognize it. Other times I've had to restart the game with it plugged in.

It is running out of the XBOX store in that new app mode Microsoft designed. Could that have something to do with it?

I don't own any other games from the store, so I'm not sure if that's the issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #2 by Wobbles
logs please.

3 years 6 months ago #3 by Sumit
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

So in the above logs, my PS4 controller is working fine. Input mapper grabs it in exclusive mode and I can use it with my other games. Then I start Forza Horizon 3. It won't pick up my controller at all. You can see where I plug in the controller and InputMapper can't grab it in exclusive mode (but Forza Horizon 3 grabs it fine).

So I can use the controller wired in non-exclusive mode of the game grabs it, but if it's already connected via bluetooth in exclusive mode, the game doesn't recognize it at all. I'm on 1.6.10.19991

3 years 6 months ago #4 by Wobbles
It looks like you started the game before connecting the controller.

3 years 6 months ago #5 by Sumit
Well the controller was connected via Bluetooth prior to starting the game. I can use it in other games, even steam games, fine. But it doesn't work at all in Forza Horizon 3 unless I plug it in (either before starting the game or when it's running).

3 years 6 months ago #6 by Sumit
Here's another log of everything from starting InputMapper, it grabbing my PS4 controller and running two games. Spectra launches and I can use my controller fine with it. Then I launch Forza Horizon 3 and I have no controller. The game reverts to keyboard input mode.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]