$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.00

Ds4 not being fully recognised by windows 10

3 years 7 months ago #1 by war007007
My ds4 was working with inputmapper and ds4windows, then i stopped using it for some time, and when i came back i noticed that the controller stopped working, if i connect on the usb port i aways connected, it will not show up on ds4windows and inputmapper but, if i connect through the usb port on my keyboard it works normally, i also noticed that on the Devices and Printers window, when i connect from the usual usb port it only shows a single new device, wireless controller and status: Driver error

But if i connect through my keyboard usb it shows two new devices, wireless controller and xbox 360 controller for windows, both with fully funcional drivers

I'm going to try and attach two images with both cases for better understanding, please help.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #2 by Wobbles
This typically means that the bus you connected it to does not have enough power to power the device. DS4 has an unusually high power requirement, more so that you would expect from a game controller.

3 years 7 months ago #3 by war007007

Wobbles wrote: This typically means that the bus you connected it to does not have enough power to power the device. DS4 has an unusually high power requirement, more so that you would expect from a game controller.

But this is the port that i've aways used, a port can't just randomly change its power right?

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #4 by Wobbles
Its not random, but it can happen without your knowing, bus drivers, other devices, and other device's drivers can all affect this. Basically if the controller works on one port and not another then we can rule out a driver/software issue and focus more on the hardware aspect of it. Try re-arranging your USB devices as buses are shared among several ports so if you move power hungry devices off of the affected bug the controller may start working again.

Also Windows has settings for USB bus power buried in it that may have gotten switched during a Windows or driver update.

Also check for loose ground on both the port and the MoBo header as a loose ground can also restrict power.

3 years 7 months ago #5 by war007007

Wobbles wrote: Its not random, but it can happen without your knowing, bus drivers, other devices, and other device's drivers can all affect this. Basically if the controller works on one port and not another then we can rule out a driver/software issue and focus more on the hardware aspect of it. Try re-arranging your USB devices as buses are shared among several ports so if you move power hungry devices off of the affected bug the controller may start working again.

Also Windows has settings for USB bus power buried in it that may have gotten switched during a Windows or driver update.

Also check for loose ground on both the port and the MoBo header as a loose ground can also restrict power.

It appears that i found what was causing it and already fixed it, thanks for the help anyway, i know it wasnt a power issua because the port still recharges my ds4, just didint recognise it, it appears that a "hid-compliant game controller" on the Human interface devices on the device manager was disabled, i re-enabled it and it works fine now, i dont know what disabled it though, i dont have nay memory of i disabling it.