$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.50

Failed/Glitchy/Repeating Inputs

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #1 by Davis
I'm trying to use the program to map the controller for a few games that use the arrow keys, and for some reason the input on it goes crazy when I try and use it in game. In Final Fantasy VII it would endlessly loop the first up or down input I pressed on the start screen, and in Legacy of Kain Defiance it reads the first press of the up/down key just fine but when I try and go further it just stop and refuses to take the input at all.

Any idea what may be causing this or how I can further diagnose it? For the record the controller works fine with my 360 profile, and all the presses of the arrows and buttons are registering just fine outside of the games (I can use it to type the buttons in a text doc). Also the same mapping works fine on BetterDS3 when using my DualShock3, so I don't think it's the game it's self as it's recognizing the inputs, it just won't recognize the mapping on my DS4 through your program (which is a shame because other than this the program has been a joy to work with). Further testing shows that all the other buttons work fine in game, it's just the D-Pad and Left Analogue, both of which a mapped to the arrow keys, that refuse to respond once in game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #2 by Davis
Okay, so I fixed the profile by instead mapping it to WASD, but this makes main-menu navigation with the controller broken (though I can use the touchpad of course). Regardless there seems to be a rather serious problem with how the arrow keys get mapped.

3 years 2 months ago #3 by Wobbles
the issue has been that it appears the scancodes that I read from my keyboard to program IM were not "standard" across different PCs, im using a new method to do scancodes in IM 1.6.11 that should hopefully fix this but cannot release until I get macros working in it.

3 years 2 months ago #4 by Davis
Ah, that makes sense. Well just glad to hear you're aware of the issue and on it. Keep up the good work. Your program rivals Steam's support and that's quite the accomplishment.