Number of donations
Highest donation
$2.00
Average donation
$2.00

IM tries to enforce exclusive mode by itself then disconnects the controller

3 years 3 months ago #1 by Mark
Problem:

IM tries to enforce exclusive mode by itself then and disconnects the controller, when exclusive mode option is not selected.
Restarting IM does not help.

This results in me being unable to use the controller at all.

I checked InputMapper 2 and Xpadder just in case, they do work just fine with the same controller, without any disconnects.

IM version 1.6.10
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit version 6.1 build 7601

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #2 by wirenut48
you just need to hit the PS button a second time.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

3 years 3 months ago #3 by Mark

wirenut48 wrote: you just need to hit the PS button a second time.

And? Then controller connects for a few seconds then disconnects again for same reason mentioned above.
It does not stay connected.

Also I get the notification that the program was not able to set the exclusive mode even after running some WIn 10 utility (I am on Win 7), when exclusive mode isn't even selected. It does it every single time.

3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #4 by phileas
You might need to re-do everything, making sure you have sufficient charge in your ds4.
Close steam and IM and rest your ds4.
Remove "wireless controller" from Bluetooth devices(accessable from IM)
In an elevated command prompt type Set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 then hit enter then type Devmgmt.msc and hit enter. In device manager that opens up select "show hidden devices" under view. Remove all the greyed out entries in Human interface devices, and "xbox 360 controller for windows" under "Microsoft common controller for windows class".
Re-pair your ds4 and start up IM, hopefully now it connects and stays connected when you press the PS button.

I'm relatively new to ds4 and have found most, if not all connection problem arise from insufficient charge.

Edit: Also I've found that BT dongles are transmitters so its prolly best moving it out to the front.