$10.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.50

EMIO PS4 Pro Support

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #1 by ramok2k
So my emio controller finally arrived and all in all it's not a bad piece of hardware (not as good as the elite but certainly sturdier than the current DS4). Not to my surprise the controller doesn't get detected by IM, it instead gets registered as a P4 Controller (which oddly enough is a similar case my friend got with his other third party DS4).

So tl;dr will there be any hope for supporting this? The back buttons work tremendously well especially for FPS games and unlike the DS4 the analog stick doesn't feel cheap or peel off.

EDIT: the title mentions EMIO PS4 Pro but it's actually Elite.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #2 by Wobbles
Yes, I absolutely do want to support it, but unfortunately it requires me getting my hands on one to write the code for it and they aren't cheap.

3 years 1 month ago #3 by ramok2k
Is there anyway I could help out? I'm no experienced developer but maybe you need to look at the DLL's? Or something I can extract and send?
- Thanks.

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #4 by Wobbles
There arent any dlls or drivers or anything like that as all ps4 controllers use standard windows drivers, its a matter of decoding the HID packets and the actual data stream it send which can only be done with a physical controller.