$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$25.41

Tips for proper deadzones.

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #1 by Khronikos
Hey, since there are a lot of new people using this, I just wanted to clear some things up.

Default deadzones are completely fucking awful on certain games. As far as I know there is no way to tune this even with current in-house Steam settings for the DS4.

Luckily, Input Mapper allows you to go all the way back to -50 on the deadzone. This gives about a +6 or so actual deadzone in games like Super Meat Boy.

Trust me, you do need to try this out if you have not. Default deadzones on SMB are like the equivalent of +40 or some crazy shit on the game. Completely useless.

With -50 the game is completely playable, with just a tiny bit of deadzone on the actual controller.

Now for games like Ori and the Blind Forest you get a pretty good deadzone just from default zero settings with Input Mapper. I tend to prefer -5 to -15 for these types of games.

I use profiles in every ten integer increments because quite honestly games like SMB are impossible to play with a stick any other way than with -50. Other games have different needs so you will have to experiment.

I hope this helps anyone that is just using default settings for all games.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.