$2.00
André Philipi da Silva
$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$19.97

Unable to correctly map arrow keys to DPad/Analog Stick (DS4)

2 years 9 months ago #1 by Zalvados
When I attempt to map the arrow keys to the dpad or left analog stick, it doesn't work correctly at all. What I experience is that it will maybe go through 2 commands or so, and then lock up and not accept anymore inputs. However, if I bind other keys to the dpad/stick (ie I just moved the arrows to ijkl) and they work fine. And if I use my actual keyboard arrow keys, they work fine. It's just the controller that struggles.

I'm having this issue in different applications (Steam, ePSXe, and a standalone copy of Mass Effect). Interestingly if I use Steam's controller input for, say, Final Fantasy 8, the dpad/stick work as intended. Also I'm using Sony's bluetooth adaptor to wirelessly use the controller, but I have the same issues if I unplug that and plug in a USB cable and use the controller wired.

Windows 10 v1607 build 14393.693
Inputmapper 1.6.10

Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #2 by Wobbles
you havent changed any aces config have you? Alternatively you can use the macros, they are a little bit more reliable.

2 years 9 months ago #3 by Luiz
Isn't this that problem with the scancodes as mentioned here? inputmapper.com/forum/inputmapper-1-5-su...chy-repeating-inputs

I have the same problem aswell and when I use something like Controller Companion to map the keys it works just fine.