$2.00
lookingglassties
$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$20.61

HELP! DS4 controller not working with inputmapper/DS4windows!

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #1 by TayyabKhalid
Here is the log, can anyone please help me.
Thanks!

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #2 by Wobbles
The issue is outlined in your log at:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Basically you have another program open on your PC that is trying to communicate with the controller at the same time as IM, when using exclusive mode IM expects to be the ONLY application communicating with the controller, if this is not the case then exclusive mode by definition is not possible.

Error 170 is also a windows thrown error that means "Resource In Use", which is basically the same thing.

Solution is to systematically close background applications/services one by one until the culprit is found, start with the most common offenders such as any application or launcher that has absolutely anything to do with gaming, then move on to any application that has anything to do with hardware period such as the utilities that Razor and Logitech distribute for their devices. Finally try any non-essential or OS application.

2 years 9 months ago #3 by TayyabKhalid
I tried what you told me to, but so far nothing seemed to work. Also, it's only the Bluetooth part that's not working, the wired part works fine. Is it possible it has something do with Ds4Windows, maybe I didn't uninstall it correctly, I only uninstalled the SCP driver and just deleted the files, is that wrong?

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #4 by Wobbles
as long as its not running, it wouldent be trying to access the controller. Have you shut down the discord background processes, also snip? both of those have hotkey bindings that connect to hardware.

2 years 9 months ago #5 by TayyabKhalid
I did with no result, I even tried to detach my mini usb for my Logitech keyboard, still nothing. My only solution might simply just be to reinstall windows itself, which I would avoid if possible, but I don't know what else could cause it..

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #6 by Wobbles
if you go back and install the same things again you would likely run into the same issue. There is a culprit, and its not alwayse obvious as sometimes it has absolutely nothing to do with games or hardware. What version/build of Win 10 are you on? (run winver.exe)

Also you mentioned prior that you tried the bat fix, that was a fix for a completely different issue and if you try using it not that Windows has patched that issue it could cause issues.

2 years 9 months ago #7 by TayyabKhalid
I see, that could've been the cause. Damn! What have I gotten myself into :(

My window version is - 1607 (Build 14393,693)

2 years 9 months ago #8 by Wobbles
That batch was only to fix a cortana issue that was present in very early builds, you dont have that build so the batch file is useless.

2 years 9 months ago #9 by TayyabKhalid
I see, so what should I do now, delete cortana, disable it?

2 years 9 months ago #10 by Wobbles
I dont remember what the batch file actually does, it was a user created thing, it may not even be the culprit as its much more likely to be an application or process or service running.