$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.25

Sony Dongle Light Bar Problem

3 years 1 month ago #1 by Hrvoje
I finally managed to snatch an official Sony Dongle for Audio support.
I paired my controller with it, and it connects less than 1 second when i press the PS button, however the Light Bar is messed up, it shows white/blue (Default for Sony Dongle when not in use???) instead of Purple (using my custom profile) or Green on default settings. If i change the profile, it will revert back to the normal colour of the profile. The function, macros and everything else works depending on the profile.

Also, the controller NEVER disconnects, unless i hold the PS button for 10 seconds. The dongle is still paired for some reason, it remains paired with InputMapper, showing battery life and such, but whenever i do that and use the PS button to connect it again, the problem with the light bar happens.

Idle Disconnect and Idle Timer also don't seem to work. I have set it to 10-15 seconds just to test it out and nothing happens. I used the Xinput Tester to see if deadzone is moving, but it is dead centre. They simply won't work for me.

I don't know what the problem is, to be honest. I had a BT stack 2.0 and a BT stack 4.0 on my Windows before this, but the controller wasn't paired to either of them, and i removed them.. I also can't find the Sony Dongle in the device manager to uninstall it, and install it back again.

I am using the latest version of the application, i have also tried to restart, remove the dongle, pair it again and such.

There's nobody here.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #2 by Wobbles
You cannot remotely disconnect the controller using the dongle. Try removing the BT pairing before using it with the dongle.

3 years 1 month ago #3 by Hrvoje
But what if i hold the PS button for 10 seconds to turn the controller off? I don't really care if the Sony Dongle lingers in InputMapper (Because of that, i always get instant connection, which is great). I just want to turn it off after i stop using it.

But the problem is the light bar, it's blue/white, just as you weren't using InputMapper nor PSnow, all the macros work, and everything else. Just the colour bar doesn't change back unless i manually change the profile. The colour works fine on the first connect, but if i disconnect the controller and press the PS button again, it will connect but the light will be blue/white. Is there ANY way to force InputMapper to use my current Profile for the LightBar when connecting? Like switching the profile for a split second when turning it on. I should mention that i never had this problem with a 4.0 BT stack before, but it would take a while till it connects, and spew some exclusive mode issues randomly, which are no longer present with the Sony Dongle.

So Idle Disconnect doesn't work on the Sony Dongle or am i missing something? I am pretty sure it didn't work before either, i just used PS + Option for 3 seconds to turn it off (which doesn't work anymore).

I am really sorry to bother you with such questions, i am pretty happy with the dongle, the program and the audio support, but i don't know if this is a common problem or not. If i just leave my controller on, how much battery will it drain if i don't use it, apart from the light bar? Is this how everyone else is using it, or not?

There's nobody here.

3 years 1 month ago #4 by Wobbles
Remote disconnecting the controller is only for BT, If you want to turn the controller off you must do it the normal way of holding the PS button for 30 seconds or whatever it is.

The lightbar sounds like a bug though ive never had that issue, but with IM 1.7 around the corner id just wait for it to be fixed in there.

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #5 by Hrvoje

Wobbles wrote: Remote disconnecting the controller is only for BT, If you want to turn the controller off you must do it the normal way of holding the PS button for 30 seconds or whatever it is.

The lightbar sounds like a bug though ive never had that issue, but with IM 1.7 around the corner id just wait for it to be fixed in there.

I don't mind waiting for it to get fixed, glad you are working it a lot. It takes 10 seconds to disconnect the controller AKA turn it off, but the Sony Dongle still lingers in an active state in InputMapper, which is fine by me. Ultra fast connection.

Yeah, it might be a bug. It just uses the default colour when you are connected with the Sony Dongle (the one that is being displayed if you aren't using PSnow or Inputmapper) other than that, everything works fine. Just the LightBar reverts back to Windows Default until i change the profile, but the said profile is not affected, macros still work, etc.

Also, do you accept Steam Games as donations? As in, serial bundles, gifts, keys, etc? I have a few left over games (All of them are highly rated, however).

There's nobody here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hazey

3 years 1 month ago #6 by Wobbles
The dongle itself maintains a "ghost" of the controller even as windows sees it after its first connection after being powered on, this is why it lingers in IM 1.6 but I found a way around it and it works correctly in IM 1.7a (as does the lightbar).

Yup, my steam information is on the donations page under the Steam tab ;-) I really only get a chance to play games on Tipsy Tuesdays anymore. Except for Stardew Valley, I sort of fell in love with that game.