$10.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.50

Dualshock 4 - Right Stick moves when moving Left Stick

3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Terg500
When moving the left stick the right stick slightly moves making playing games without dead zone options impossible. It's no problem with my controller since this doesn't happen in DS4Windows or the standard controller options of the DS4 "Wireless Controller".

I read that the dead zone option for the right stick isn't working here (I can confirm, with a dead zone of 100% on RS I can still move up and left), so this thread is mainly to motivate the developers to fix the issue since I'm sick of DS4Windows as it disconnects everytime I open Rocket League or right in the middle of the game and gave me more problems than joy while I love IM's easy install procedure and it's working great otherwise.
The topic has been locked.
3 years 3 weeks ago #2 by Wobbles
Deadzone is fixed in 1.7a
3 years 3 weeks ago #3 by Terg500
Thanks, but 1.7 just ends up in a black window and I can't install the ViGEm and FireShock drivers since I'm on Win7, and I'd rather switch to Linux than to Win10 in the future. I'll wait for the finished version.
3 years 3 weeks ago #4 by Wobbles
1.7 requires latest .net. Those drivers arent needed anyway, only drivers that are needed should be installed.
2 years 9 months ago #5 by PK Cheap
Also having this problem. I tried the deadzone workaround, but it looks as though any right stick "movement" happening as a result of left stick movement is not affected by the right sticks deadzone.
Is this issue still being looked at?
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #6 by Wobbles
Again, its just jitter, add deadzone, its fixed. all controllers have jitter....