$2.00
Carlo
$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$50.00
Average donation
$6.00

Dualshock 4 now only works for PC, PS4 refuses to read it.

2 years 10 months ago #1 by Yngdady
I bought a new PS4 controller a few months back, and I used it with a few games on my PS4 to see how it works and feels compared to my old controller. Later on, I decided to use it on my PC. I trusted InputMapper before, as it worked fine with my first controller; I can switch back and fourth, to this day.

I've Googled but obviously I only received controllers not working for PC. I've factory reset the controller, I tried safe mode (no idea what it was supposed to do), disconnecting the router and then powering on the console and trying to press the PS button with the router still unplugged, just to see if there was interference. I'm only getting a flashing white light, and then it fades out an orange. Mind you, the controller is plugged in to the PS4 and not my PC while I'm trying everything mentioned. I spent $50 on a controller that I can no longer use on the main console I got it for. Hopefully I can return this product to Amazon for being faulty, even though it works just fine minus the fact that it will run on a PC but not a PS4.

Has anyone come across this problem? I actually just donated to inputmapper, and now I'm somewhat iffy on how this product works. Maybe I missed the disclaimer about how this software could damage your devices?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #2 by Wobbles
IM, nor any other of these programs do anything to your controller, just re-pair it.....

2 years 10 months ago #3 by Yngdady
How does one repair a perfectly functioning PS4 controller?

2 years 10 months ago #4 by Wobbles
re-pair, not repair. as in pair it again